I USED to want a HST, not anymore!

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #21  
I just don't know about this new-fangled fancy-schmancy HST thing. It'll probably never fly. Not even on a treadmill!!;) :D

Having a clutch and shifter keeps my wife off the tractor!;)

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #22  
I work with JD gear tractors but own L2800 HST. With HST, you have to have it at 2000 rpms to “cool” the oil. Very noisy so I wear ear protection, which kept me from hearing a ladder being crushed under my rear tire (thank God it wasn’t a person). It's very easy to drive but too loud for me. I'm not a fan of HST.

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #23  
I think the compacts with synchro that let you shift on the fly are the best of both worlds. Just my opinion.

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #24  
Does the cruise control have a "resume" function or do you have to reset it after each stop ?
Just curious...
Ben

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #25  
slowrev said:
Does the cruise control have a "resume" function or do you have to reset it after each stop ?
Just curious...
Ben

Afternoon Ben,
Gee all my stuff is geared, but I would say yes to a resume function on a guess ! ;) Hard to imagine that they wouldnt have that feature on the new tractors !

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #26  
slowrev said:
Depends on the make & model I guess.

My Deere w/HST has cruise, but it doesn't have a "resume". But, an "automotive style" cruise setup is available as an option. Sometimes I miss the "resume" feature, but most of the time it's not a big deal.

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #27  
My cruise is a mechanical thang, to resume you pull the lever again. I never use it on my place, there's not enough open space to need it.

Attachments

• Rockin A 1.jpg
    Rockin A 1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 225
   / I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #28  
My cruise has no resume..... but, when you have returned to the desired speed, just move cruise lever back until slight back pressure is felt.. and let go... it's now set at the speed you are running at and will stay there until next you hit the brake pedal.

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #29  
So Coyote, does your friend prefer synthetic or 'regular' oil?

(tosses more logs into the fire)

:D

/ I USED to want a HST, not anymore! #30  
The cruise on my Case DX29 basically just locks the HST pedal in place until you hit the proper brake pedal. Then it unlocks and you need to set it again if you want it.

You can do differential braking with the cruise on and the brakes separated if you are careful to hit just the left side brake (I think it's the left one -- I don't actually use either the cruise or differential braking with this machine). Most HST users don't need the differential braking so don't miss it. I would be willing to bet that many of owners of CUTs and SCUTs don't even know you can brake one wheel at a time. I used it a lot with my old Kubota B7100.