I'm just a little boy

/ I'm just a little boy #11  
Re: I\'m just a little boy

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Decided to buy a garden tractor instead of a compact tractor. Sorry that I cannot yet own a "real" tractor.

Just comes down to money. )</font>

Well good for you for doing what works best for you and your situation! I'm sure the new JD will be a big step up from your old one and you don't have to lay awake at night thinking about spending 2 or 3 times as much money on a sub compact. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ I'm just a little boy #12  

You aren't alone. My first ridin' mower was a freebee from a guy I worked with. It had, as my kids say, "issues". Apparently someone had a problem with the blade coming loose, so they welded it on. Next was a 30-some inch Ranch King (MTD renamed them for a store) that I got second hand for a couple hundred. Then came what I thought was a "real" tractor - an old Cub 154 LoBoy, when we built a house on a lot that has 2 acres of grass. In the early 90's I came across the Ford 1210, and it served all by itself till the B7500 came along about a year and a half ago. It wasn't too long ago I thought a FEL was a luxury I'd never have. Now I can't figure out how I got along without one......................chim

/ I'm just a little boy #13  

Jeffery,
The GT235E looks sweet.
I started out with a borrowed Sears 6HP that I used for a year. That spoiled me when I had to give it back. So I bought a Craftsman 14HP with the mulching deck. Used it on a 1/4 acre lot in town /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I've had it for 11 years now. When we bought our 2 acres of heaven, the little rider wouldn't stay together if I kept using it weekly, so I bought a used Yanmar with attachments for about what you're going to pay for the JD. Then I decided it was time to go get what I'll probably have forever, my New Holland TC18. Small tractor but it works for me.
All I'm getting at is.......we do what we have to for the time being, then we get to improve /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Jerry

/ I'm just a little boy #14  

Jeffrey,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Nor can I really <font color="red"> justify </font> it, and I've tried! )</font>

A wise man you are. My "Garden" Tractor serves me well.

Best of luck with it.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I'm just a little boy #15  

JeffreyG.

I don't know your age...but I can tell you I survived just fine without a "real" tractor until I was 55... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Now at 56 I have two... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If you are on the younger side...don't worry...you have time. Glad you evaluated your situation and made the choice that works for you at this point in time!

/ I'm just a little boy #16  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hopefully I will still be allowed to read this website. Now off to the lawn and garden forums I go.
)</font>

WELCOME ABOARD. not only are u allowed to read this forum, but u are encouraged to read it, and to ask questions, and to add your input. i presonally commend u for knowing your limits at this point in your life, will make u appreciate that bad boy when u finally get it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ I'm just a little boy #17  

forgot to mention, i also read and respond in the lawn and garden forum, a wealth of information there.

/ I'm just a little boy #18  

Keith, I guess that could have been interpreted as good advertisement for Murray huh /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course I didn't mention the times I had to beat the deck back into working order.

/ I'm just a little boy #19  

JeffreyG, no sweat. Most little tractors eventually grow into bigger ones /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ I'm just a little boy #20  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Decided to buy a garden tractor instead of a compact tractor. Sorry that I cannot yet own a "real" tractor. )</font>

Don't apologize for spending within your means. Most people tend to throw themselves in debt just to get what they want. It's a big problem in this country and most of us have been guilty of it at one point or another. Maybe if more people had your discipline, we would have less people filing for bankruptcy. I greatly respect your discipline, especially knowing how enticing tractors can be.