injection pump identification help Please

/ injection pump identification help Please #1  

Brian's Clunkers

Tractor
Mitsubishi
Hello everyone! I've been lurking in the shadows on this site for a little while and finally decided to join up. Thanks to the moderator and everybody that posts here. lots of great information! Now down to business. I Have a MT160D tractor with a K3A engine that has been threw a barn fire. Everything on the top of the engine is burnt. I was able to get a complete rebuild kit for a K3C engine from a MT180D. Its a very complete engine kit. Rings, pistons, wristpins, bore liners, main bearings, rod bearings, valves, valve seats, valve guides, valve seals and full gasket set. Everything is the same except for a larger cylinder bore. same stroke same Wrist pins. same crank and rod journal size. So back to my new dilemma. I'll need more fuel. the factory Denso pump for the K3A engine is a 094500-2680 model number. it has 5.5mm plungers and barrels. I have been led to believe that the K3C engine has a pump piston and barrel size of 6mm. However I don't have the the factory model number for a MT180D injection pump. My question to all of the wonderful MT180D or K3C owners is what is that magical little number on your injection pump?

/ injection pump identification help Please #2  
MM431227

Likely it is the same as the MT160D, I'd have to look in the service manuals.
Screenshot_20211101-185737_Adobe%20Acrobat.jpg

Edit: the reason I say it is probably the same is it's the nozzles that restrict flow.

/ injection pump identification help Please #3  
Why not get a parts manual or service manual for all of the K3 engine series to determine what will work for your machine?

All of these manuals are free at the TF forum. The Mitsubishi Owners Group file database from Yahoo went to the TF site. Must be 20 to 30 Satoh and Mitsubishi manuals over there for FREE. Like this one. . .

Attachments

• MITSUBISHI ENGINE K3A K3B K3C K3D K3E SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 126
   / injection pump identification help Please
Thanks guys. Ive been a little busy the last few days, so getting back into it again. Ill check out those pdf manuals.

/ injection pump identification help Please #5  
Thanks guys. Ive been a little busy the last few days, so getting back into it again. Ill check out those pdf manuals.

Of, I just located the Ops and maintenance manual. From the TF site. Forgot I even had it.
Sorry that it's a full original scan and not cleaned up.

The good thing is, it's in ENGLISH. :)

Attachments

• MITSUBISHI MT160 MT180 INSTRUCTION BOOK.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 95
   / injection pump identification help Please #6  
Specifically the only numbers on the 180 injector pump are in the attached image. The other number is an engraved serial number.
20211105_173452.jpg

/ injection pump identification help Please #8  
Why not just turn the fuel up.??

/ injection pump identification help Please #10  
The image shows the K3C engine model and it's a 0.9L engine for size. :)
Pretty much, I expect nothing less from Mitsubishi other than bad parts identification. OP wanted to know what was on the pump.