Installing Glow plug conversion Kit

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #11  
I have a Mahindra 2015hst and purhased a glow plug conversion kit that extends the Glow plugs from 3 seconds to 10 seconds. However, I'm such a novice i have no idea how to install them? Any help without having to bring it to a mechanic?

Anyone know how to do the wiring or where I can get this information? thanks

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #12  
They must be electrically disconnected, then unscrewed from the head using a good fitting six-point deep socket wrench. Put some diesel on them before and let them soak for 36 hours first. Use a torque wrench to reseat the new plugs, but be sure the threads are correct before you put them in and use the new gasaket that comes with themj, not the old ones. I do not know the torque settings, sorry. I would take the tractor to a mechanic if I were you. It is a small job, but if you screw up it will cost you a new head plus gasket. 50 bucks for a mechanic is better than eight hundred for a new head, IMO
Good luck!

Jix

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #13  
The wiring is easy, pull the black plastic cover below the steering wheel, ( maybe 3, 10mm headed bolts) The timer should be mount behind cover, disconnect plug from old one, unbolt and install the new one, connect the harness that comes in the kit to the timer and the other end to the original plug in the harness.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #14  
Thanks for the replies!

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #15  
I bought the conversion kit today. A dealer/mechanic I know gave me an "in service" on how to install and I feel good about doing it. We will see......

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #16  
This will be one of the easiest of installations. I did mine in less than 1/2 hour. You might also put some anti-sieze on the threads of the plugs. I didn't on mine, but just now thought of it. Hopefully the 10 sec. timer and new plugs will never need replacing.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #17  
This will be one of the easiest of installations. I did mine in less than 1/2 hour. You might also put some anti-sieze on the threads of the plugs. I didn't on mine, but just now thought of it. Hopefully the 10 sec. timer and new plugs will never need replacing.

Thanks AchingBack. You have always been an inspiration here!

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #18  
Just did the conversion on mine. The biggest pain was getting the right one. I needed the two plug one but got the single plug. So I had to reorder and it was more money for the two plug one.
Then when I got it I realized that there were a bunch of extra pieces with the kit that I didn't need. The mounting bracket and a plug harness.
I was having a lot of trouble with my tractor starting lately in the sub zero temperatures. We will see how much this helps.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #19  
Just did the conversion on mine. The biggest pain was getting the right one. I needed the two plug one but got the single plug. So I had to reorder and it was more money for the two plug one.
Then when I got it I realized that there were a bunch of extra pieces with the kit that I didn't need. The mounting bracket and a plug harness.
I was having a lot of trouble with my tractor starting lately in the sub zero temperatures. We will see how much this helps.

There is a break as to which kit is needed according to the serial number on the 2615. I hope mine comes in this week. I have 1095 hours on it and it is hard to start period of late. A lot worse to start in the cold weather. Let us know how this project goes for you and I will do the same.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #20  
Completed putting on the conversion kit today. It was not difficult and did not take much time. Best of all - - it cranks GREAT now. Thanks for the help folks!!