Installing Glow plug conversion Kit

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #21  
High folks new guy here I was reading this post and thought you would like to know that I have found a place that sells the glow plugs 32A6603100. for only $15.76 EA. Which is what I have for my Mahindra 2015 this will be the 2nd time I have had to do this tractor has 500hrs on it. first time was just over 200hr so my guess is I will be doing it again when I hit 7 to 8. Also I was told that you can see if they are bad by taking a battery put jumper cables on it clip on each end of plug if it glows it works if it don't it don't. I did this with my first set of old plugs had 2 out of 3 not working. Any how the web site I found the plugs on is. TRUPAR.COM

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #22  
I dunno, but shouldn't glow plugs last at least 1000 hours? I know that when I drove a diesel rabbit the cheap glow plugs sold at Canadian tire laste only a couple weeks, but VW OEM plugs lasted 5 years!

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #23  
I changed the ones on my tractor at 1095 hours. It really made a great difference!

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #24  
High folks new guy here I was reading this post and thought you would like to know that I have found a place that sells the glow plugs 32A6603100. for only $15.76 EA. Which is what I have for my Mahindra 2015 this will be the 2nd time I have had to do this tractor has 500hrs on it. first time was just over 200hr so my guess is I will be doing it again when I hit 7 to 8. Also I was told that you can see if they are bad by taking a battery put jumper cables on it clip on each end of plug if it glows it works if it don't it don't. I did this with my first set of old plugs had 2 out of 3 not working. Any how the web site I found the plugs on is. TRUPAR.COM
Does your 2015 have the 3 second timer or the 10 second timer? Mahindra upgraded to the 10 second timer on the 2615. When they did this they also changed to a different plug. Check with your dealer to see if this is also the case for the 2015. The entire kit ran around $175.00

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #25  
The first time I changed them out I bought the new plugs from the dealer. I really don't know what it has for a timer. Just going buy what the dealer gave me for plugs. This site I found with the less expensive plugs had the same exact numbers on the part, as I bought from the dealer so I figure I will give them a try.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #26  
If upon turning the ignition key on until the glow plug light goes off in 3 seconds, you have the old style timer. The replacement model stays on for 10 seconds. The 3 second timer is what causes the plugs to fail.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #27  
The new 10 second timer really helped and it was real easy to install. It was worth the price.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #28  
The new 10 second timer really helped and it was real easy to install. It was worth the price.

Looks like I'm going to have to save up to get the kit.:2cents: My question is way is the 3 sec. timer making the plugs fail? Is it because you have to cycle so many times for it to work? Right now I have it on a battery, Charger maintainer because it is so dang cold out. This has helped but still starts a bit hard and I have to cycle the plugs a few times. It turns over and fires but dose not start right away.:confused3: By the second some times the third try it will start. This is what it was doing the first time I had to change out the plug's. I bought this tractor new. Back in 05. And have done a lot of work with this. So far the glow plugs are the only thing I have had any real issues with. My buddy and I just mad up a nice plow rig for it that attaches inside the bucket on a pin system.

/ Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #29  
I do not believe that the 3 sec timer is necessarily making the glow plugs fail in the short run, but the 10 sec timer causes an easier start. Over time I guess the 3 sec timer would lead toward glow plug failure. I do not think that recycling the 3 sec timer helps. Mine was doing the same as you described but I had 1095 or so hours on the originals. When I took the glow plugs out they were corroded. I changed the glow plugs and timer and now it starts great. I also changed all the filters and engine oil. I am real particular about keeping a clean fuel filter and bleeding air from the system. There is a break in the serial numbers. So have your serial number handy when you order. The kit I got was almost $400, but considering it was after 9 years of operating - - not bad.

Last edited:
   / Installing Glow plug conversion Kit #30  
Looks like I'm going to have to save up to get the kit.:2cents: My question is way is the 3 sec. timer making the plugs fail? Is it because you have to cycle so many times for it to work? Right now I have it on a battery, Charger maintainer because it is so dang cold out. This has helped but still starts a bit hard and I have to cycle the plugs a few times. It turns over and fires but dose not start right away.:confused3: By the second some times the third try it will start. This is what it was doing the first time I had to change out the plug's. I bought this tractor new. Back in 05. And have done a lot of work with this. So far the glow plugs are the only thing I have had any real issues with. My buddy and I just mad up a nice plow rig for it that attaches inside the bucket on a pin system.

It is my understanding that the glow plugs that go with the 3 second timer have a finer wire inside which heat up faster, but also cool off faster and they also burn out faster.
The glow plugs for the 10 second timer heavier wire, takes longer to heat up, and cool off and burn out.