Invaded by armyworms

/ Invaded by armyworms #22  
for Those of you that want something for your yard , Get you some Bifen IT or bifen XTS (stronger) it will knock them out quickly and has some residual.

/ Invaded by armyworms #23  
I Googled army worm and read that there is more than one specie so named, others being a moth that loves grasses. The best organic control is said to be BT, a favorite of mine. Carbaryl (Sevin) works but is not the best or cheapest option.

Yep, we've got three different species here in Southern Australia and Tasmania.

I see them in the early Summer... right around haying season.

/ Invaded by armyworms #24  
Something, and I'm not sure what, has killed large areas of my yard this year. I first thought it was just the drought and my failure to water sufficiently, but now I'm suspecting something else. The St. Augustine in the backyard has suffered most. In fact it's just about all gone.

/ Invaded by armyworms
Well I'm reviving my thread. It's now 2019 and my winter rye is coming up strong. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I haven't seen any reappearance of the army worms. Only benefit I've had is I didn't have to clear my fence line.

/ Invaded by armyworms #26  
I just swept out the last of the dead army worms from my barn yesterday. No sign of any more. :crossfingers: Still haven't figured out how that many got in, I thought I had the doors sealed better than that. :confused3:

/ Invaded by armyworms #27  
At least for me, here in the DFW area, the species that give the most trouble are known as Fall Armyworms. They seem to come on in late August, to early Sept. I start scouting in mid Aug.