Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas)

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #21  
So would you wait for an L6060 as opposed to take an MX6000 now?
I personally would wait based on my usage. I like to operate very fast. That being said, I don't use drags so I dont know how much power they even require. Its possible you'd even be able to run that MX in high but not having personal experience with one I wouldn't want to speculate. What I can say is the hst+ is by far the quietest, smoothest and strongest transmission of any kubota hst ive run. Something to consider though too is that the l6060 has been in production for a decade at this point and deere just came out with a 75hp tractor in that size chassis. You may find that Kubota announces something new fairly soon to compete with it.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #22  
Hmm, I groom my arena at 5mph and anything faster feels a little scary. what are you grooming with? I run a ~7’ TR3 behind my 75C. Much faster than 5mph and i get a little puckered in the corners. My 75C is power shuttle and maybe in the straight if I had an HST I would be able to go faster, but no thanks…. Anything with water and scarifying and rolling is gonna be scary over 5mph.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #23  
So would you wait for an L6060 as opposed to take an MX6000 now?
If you have the money and the time to wait I would personally go with the L6060 for what you are doing.
I would want more creature comforts and refinement in the L6060.
I have an open station MX5400 and I like it a lot but don't use a lot.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #24  
I have the MX5200 HST open station. I've drug riding arenas with 3 different tractors over 20 years. This tractor would be just fine, capable of thrilling or scary fast speed when surface grooming. Not sure I would want a cab tractor for arena work. I prefer the easier accessibility and improved visibility of an open station.
To each their own

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #25  
I suppose dust would be a reason for wanting a cab.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #26  
But if speed is important, you save time hopping in an open station.:)

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas)
I suppose dust would be a reason for wanting a cab.
Hot humid summers, cold snowy winters, rain, dust, sun

And I am upgrading tractor with all the bells and whistles so I dont have to get out at all. I want comfort and convenience, and I am willing to pay for it.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #28  

And I am upgrading tractor with all the bells and whistles so I dont have to get out at all. I want comfort and convenience, and I am willing to pay for it.
Then put an operator on a cheaper tractor and ... go sit in the club house :LOL:

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #29  

Sometimes I wish I had my old open station (smaller) L3200 jumping on & off a lot. However most of the time I love the cab on my newer L4060HSTC when I see all the dust, bees, snow or heat outside. I agree on paying for the full Grand L experience, glad I did.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #30  
Sometimes I wish I had my old open station (smaller) L3200 jumping on & off a lot. However most of the time I love the cab on my newer L4060HSTC when I see all the dust, bees, snow or heat outside. I agree on paying for the full Grand L experience, glad I did.
I admit - the cab would be nice at times. But we don't have real cold weather and not much rain either so an open station is all I've ever known. I'm only 70 now so maybe when I get old :p
Of course I don't have to sit on it all day in the heat. I can pick when I operate it. But for sure the MX will pull pretty hard. Probably not the right drive for pulling stumps though.
Sounds like the OP already has his mind made up (y)