Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas)

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #31  
I went open station until I did my first winter with a snow blower. Where I am is ridiculously cold and all my controls would freeze completely. To the point I couldn’t control engine RPM and forward controls. But most will never be -40°f on a regular basis. I have a cab now and only have trouble with the door freezing and not being able to get out.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas)
I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. My brand new 2023 Grand L6060 arrived yesterday. The 2 rear hydraulics and 3rd function up front are all on backorder, so I will have to install them myself when they come in(I didnt want to wait possibly many months to receive my tractor). I am super impressed with the Auto Throttle Advance feature. Power and travel speed have also exceeded my expectations. Im happy I spent the extra money and went with this over the MX6000. I think it will also make operating it more dummy-proof for my worker....if I ever let them use it.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #33  
I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. My brand new 2023 Grand L6060 arrived yesterday. The 2 rear hydraulics and 3rd function up front are all on backorder, so I will have to install them myself when they come in(I didnt want to wait possibly many months to receive my tractor). I am super impressed with the Auto Throttle Advance feature. Power and travel speed have also exceeded my expectations. Im happy I spent the extra money and went with this over the MX6000. I think it will also make operating it more dummy-proof for my worker....if I ever let them use it.
Congrats! Now you won't have to wonder about the HST+ and the control it gives you over the transmission and engine. I predict in time that HST+ will be on of your favorite features.
It's been at least 18 years since Kubota offered HST+ and it remains a Kubota exclusive secret weapon.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #34  

That's awesome! You ought to post up some pictures before it gets too dirty. 🤣

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #35  
Pictures please. Would like to see it.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas)
IMG_1351.jpeg

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #37  
Tilt steering on the Grand L is important to me. Tilt steering is not available on the MX series.
This is not true. All the MX models with a cab have tilt steering. Open station does not.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #38  
Congrats on the new machine. Not that it matters now, but I went from a Grand L 4060 (same as yours, less power) to an MX6000. Both were / are cabs. In fact, the cabs are actually the same. Grand L gets a nicer seat (although you can get an air seat on either), the nicer display on the dash, a nicer steering wheel, much nicer cruise control, better headlights, a standard step on both sides with inside / outside door handles on both sides, a nicer loader control stick with the built in auto rev-up button...but the biggest thing is the HST+ transmission. That's the only thing I really miss. Radio, HVAC, work lights, wipers, etc...all the same. I paid extra to have the dealer install the Grand L inside / outside locking right side door.

Anyway, bottom line for the MX - since I could have gotten the L6060 - is the larger front tires. They are wider and taller. The front axle is a little stronger too. I work on slopes and wider is better. Oh, the power steering on the MX is better as well...you may find that out down the line. Congrats on your purchase.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #39  
It takes a big flatbed to make a Grand L look small.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #40  
I know you got the new machine .. congrats on that... but if your just dragging an arena and fast my first thought is a quad or UTV, go as fast as you like :)