Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas)

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #41  
I have never used a tractor with HST+ but I own a MX6000, and I can assure you that it will do a great job of grooming an arena in M or H range, and stalling wouldn’t be an issue at all. In fact, I’ve never stalled the MX doing anything (deep plowing, ripping, blade work, mowing, etc). I would make my choice based on other factors. I may be corrected but I think stall guard would be more handy with rotary cutting or other pto implements under tough conditions.

Edit: I just saw that you made your purchase. Enjoy your new machine 👍

Last edited:
   / Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #42  
Your question is really unanswerable here.

Until you have your new tractor and new implements, with novel draft resistance, it will be difficult to predict what transmission range you will use. You may find that your anticipated higher speed with a higher power tractor with less visibility from the cab is impractical.

To me, the best part of HST+ is Stall Guard. Stall Guard is a productivity enhancement. Few speak of Stall Guard because it operates in the background so you forget about it. I could work a month without stalling my HST+ Kubota L3560.

Ground level fueling is important to me at age 76. Ground level fueling may be less important to you.

Tilt steering on the Grand L is important to me. Tilt steering is not available on the MX series.

You may have to wait awhile for a Grand L optioned the way you want it.
Open Station MX tractors in the past have been fairly available. I can't speak to today, nor to cabbed MXs.

As you can depreciate the higher priced Grand L, based on my satisfaction with a Grand L 3560 ~~~ GO FOR IT.
Tilt steering is available on the cab MX models, but not the ROPS models.

/ Is the HST+ right for me? (Grooming riding arenas) #43  
Hot humid summers, cold snowy winters, rain, dust, sun

And I am upgrading tractor with all the bells and whistles so I dont have to get out at all. I want comfort and convenience, and I am willing to pay for it.

This! Glad you waited for the tractor of a lifetime.