Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke?

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke?
Boston was my favorite rock band for a long period of time in my life.
Feelin Satisfied (y)
Why, to my knowledge, they still haven't been even mentioned about being inducted.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #52  
Brad Delp of Boston had a great voice. He met kind of a tragic and sad end. I often go down the rabbit hole of YouTube watching music videos and Boston‘s a Man I’ll Never Be is one I watch.

Off topic but related Bob Seger and Jason Aldean sang a few songs together a few years ago and videos can be seen on YouTube. What impressed me was how good Bob Seger sounded still and how good Jason Aldean sounded singing songs outside country music.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #53  
@davetomlin5246

@davetomlin5246

1 month ago
Wow. This is as relevant in 2024 as it was in 1969. The same crap over and over just 55 years of passage.

Over the course of their career, the Temptations released four Billboard Hot 100 number-one singles and fourteen R&B number-one singles. Their music has earned three Grammy Awards. The Temptations were the first Motown recording act to win a Grammy Award – for "Cloud Nine" in 1969[7] – and in 2013 received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. Six of the Temptations (Edwards, Franklin, Kendricks, Ruffin, Otis Williams and Paul Williams) were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989. Three classic Temptations songs, "My Girl", "Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)", and "Papa Was a Rollin' Stone", are among The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll. The Temptations were ranked at number 68 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of all time. They were the first Motown artist to get a Grammy Award and to get a Lifetime Achievement Award (which they gained in 2014).[8]

In 2023, the Temptations were ranked as the #1 artist on the Top 100 Greatest R&B/Hip-Hop Artists Of All Time according to Billboard magazine.[9]

As of 2023, the Temptations continue to perform with founder Otis Williams in the lineup (Williams owns the rights to the Temptations name).

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #54  
I've been noticing the inductees being inducted into the RRHOF and who during the 60-80's still haven't been and I think it's a total joke. They should just change the name to the Music Hall of Fame.

Seriously, Dolly Parton in before Foreigner or Boston? There are many more that weren't rock and roll that have been inducted too. Eminem? Give me a break.

What's your opinion?
Steppenwolf is another band not in the Hall! Travesty.