Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke?

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #41  
The Moody Blues' "rich symphonic sound" influenced groups such as Yes, Genesis, the Electric Light Orchestra and Deep Purple. They also helped make synthesizers and philosophy "part of the rock mainstream".[2]

The Moody Blues are members of the Vocal Group Hall of Fame. In 2013, readers of Rolling Stone voted for them as one of the ten bands that should be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[10] Ultimate Classic Rock called them "perennial victims of an unaccountable snubbing" and inducted them into its own Hall of Fame in 2014.[73]

Writing for The Guardian in 2015, Rob Chapman described the band as "psychedelia's forgotten heroes". He stated: "Despite their success, rock critics rarely took the Moody Blues seriously, a pattern that continued for the next 45 years." He also wrote: "Despite the critical disapproval, the best of the Moody Blues music between 1967 and 1970 possessed grace and beauty. Like the Beatles, they understood how pop songs worked as ensemble pieces. None of them were particularly virtuosic or showy as musicians and their music is refreshingly free of the noodling that characterized the output of their more self-indulgent contemporaries."[74]

In December 2017, the band were announced as inductees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[75] On 14 April 2018, they were inducted as part of the 2018 class. During his acceptance speech in Cleveland, Ohio, Justin Hayward said, "If you didn't know already, well we're just a bunch of British guys, but of course to us and to all British musicians, this is the home of our heroes and we all know that..." acknowledging the inspirational role of America's rock and roll icons.[76] During the ceremony, Ray Thomas was included as a star that was lost in the past year.

@ExSkyCyclePilot

@ExSkyCyclePilot

2 years ago (edited)
I discovered the Moody Blues as a teenager. I'm now sixty years old, and they are still my favorite group. There has never been a better "thinking man's rock" group, and hearing what passes for music these day, there likely never will be. And this is their best album. I lost my mom the very same day Graeme Edge died, and when I found out about Graeme, I also found out that the Moody Blues, as a group, is gone forever. What an awful year 2021 has been.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #42  
You missed Days of the Future Passed.

And, To our Children's Children's Children.

I love them too. Play them often on Alexa while showering.....

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #43  
You missed Days of the Future Passed.

I love them too. Play them often on Alexa while showering.....
I had posted it but removed it as I though three was enough. Thanks for remembering. ✌️

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #44  

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #45  
She recently did an album featuring songs with several aging rockers.

It made me realize that it isn't her songs I don't care for, it's her voice. I have a lot of respect for the lady but can't stand her singing.
I've got to hand it to heritage artists who collaborate with modern acts as opposed to just dismissing them. Tammy also sang on a rap song in the early 90s.

I don't mind her voice. Reba...another story. Her songs are OK but listening to her talk is like fingernails on a chalkboard. But she's not in the hall of fame.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #46  
Nine Inch Nails, commonly abbreviated as NIN and stylized as NIN, is an American industrial rock band formed in Cleveland in 1988. Singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and producer Trent Reznor was the only permanent member of the band until his frequent collaborator, Atticus Ross, joined in 2016. The band's debut album, Pretty Hate Machine (1989), was released via TVT Records. After disagreeing with TVT about how to promote the album, the band signed with Interscope Records and released the EP Broken (1992). The following albums, The Downward Spiral (1994) and The Fragile (1999), were released to critical acclaim and commercial success.

"Hurt" is a song by American industrial rock band Nine Inch Nails from its second studio album, The Downward Spiral (1994), written by Trent Reznor. It was released on April 17, 1995, as a promotional single from the album. The song received a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rock Song in 1996. In 2020, Kerrang and Billboard ranked the song number two and number three, respectively, on their lists of the greatest Nine Inch Nails songs.[3][4]

In 2002, Johnny Cash covered "Hurt" to commercial and critical acclaim. The related music video is considered one of the greatest of all time by publications such as NME. Reznor praised Cash's interpretation of the song for its "sincerity and meaning", going so far as to say "that song isn't mine anymore".[5]

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke?
IMO, a few alphabetically that should be in before many others.

Bryan Adams
Greg Allman
Bad Company
Badfinger
BTO
John BonJovi
Boston
Joe Cocker
Etc.....

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #48  
IMO, a few alphabetically that should be in before many others.

Bryan Adams
Greg Allman
Bad Company
Badfinger
BTO
John BonJovi
Boston
Joe Cocker
Etc.....

To be fair, Bad Company turned it down several times.

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #49  
Lots of the artists in the rrhof are not what I consider rock n roll. I like more heavier rock n roll, wish they had a hof for all different kinds of music. Eric B & Rakim would of hated to be inducted when they were at their height. Imagine if NWA was inducted into the hall of fame in 1995. Or now since Beyonce went country, is she going to be inducted into the country hall of fame?

/ Is the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame a joke? #50  
Boston was my favorite rock band for a long period of time in my life.
Feelin Satisfied (y)