Is this legit?

/ Is this legit? #11  
Good detective work Sysop. The scammers may have stepped up their game a little.

/ Is this legit?
Great work Sysop! I was going by the dozens of testimonials (which are just words on a sreen) from the different locations. I trusted the little hairs that stood up on the back of my neck, works every time. Also just found similar type adds on kijiji, all taken down within 30 minutes. But what a pile of work they they did,wonder whats at that address? Guess I'll keep scraping up the coin for a new one
thanks again

/ Is this legit?
Great work Sysop! I was going by the dozens of testimonials (which are just words on a sreen) from the different locations. I trusted the little hairs that stood up on the back of my neck, works every time. Also just found similar type adds on kijiji, all taken down within 30 minutes. But what a pile of work they they did,wonder whats at that address? Guess I'll keep scraping up the coin for a new one
thanks again

/ Is this legit? #14  
Sysop delivers.

<snip>
But what a pile of work they they did,wonder whats at that address?
<snip>

A mine field or worse.
Don't go there.

/ Is this legit? #15  
Those testimonials are one of the "clues"... Note you cannot copy/paste anything, that is a method used to prevent you from investigating. If they are truly the owners of the data, locking down copy/paste doesn't do that much and is a silly method of copy protection. Type (exactly) a unique sentence out of any of the testimonials into a search engine and you'll find those testimonials are from elsewhere. i.e. the first shown on the NSC/scammer site was a first time online buyer arriving in a taxi to see a F-150 he made a deposit on.

scammerstest1.JPG

scammerstest2.JPG

Anytime I scroll through testimonials and every single one has mentioned a name like Nurvil Square Consignments, some repeatedly, and not one has it misspelled or shortened to Nurvil or NSC or something makes me think someone took those from elsewhere and simply ran a "find and replace" function. There are a lot of things these losers do to minimize the work involved in setting up scammer sites like that.

/ Is this legit? #16  
I just flagged an obvious BX scam on Craigslist. $1499. I am not sure how many flags it takes but apparently I wasn't the first because it disappeared immediately after I flagged it. Man that feels good. I highly recommend it. Obvious scams only of course.

/ Is this legit? #17  
I'm not so sure they are a scam. If you spend a little time looking around you can find other forums where people talk about buying from them. You can usually spot those who just create a fake account vs the real forum users and there are plenty of posts from people that have been members for years with high post counts that said they've bought from them. If you go to the locations page and then use google earth view you can see that the places they list are large warehouse/ parking lot locations. I couldn't see any signs for the company at any locations, not a positive, but most were several years old and were for rent. If they aren't an old company then the pictures could have been taken before they rented them. But the biggest reason why I don't think it's a scam is because they say that you can come and inspect the vehicle before you buy it (or even put a deposit on it).

For it to be a scam it would cost a fortune. You would need to rent the location. You would need to buy or steal the vehicle so you could have it on site. You would need to have lots of other pieces to make it look like a real business. You would then need to be at that location to allow people to view the vehicle (hard to do if you are a scammer in Nigeria). Nothing is fool proof but if I was interested I would go take a look, copy the serial number, and then ask if I could just buy it with cash and take it home with me. I would run a check on the S/N to make sure it wasn't stolen.

As for the testimonials using the full company name. Who knows. It's on their website under their control. They could have changed any shorten name to the full name. I don't think it's uncommon to just copy other reviews and place them on your site, not ethical but when are used car salesmen? Here's a couple of forums that have posts about them, what do you think?

The Samba: View topic - Really dicey - Nurvil Square Consignment | www.nurvilsquareconsignment.com bus deal
DMCTalk.org Topic: Has anyone heard of Nurvil Square Consignment - nurvilsquareconsignment.com ?

I wouldn't be trusting and just send money but I would be willing to go for a drive if it was close (they have a location in Framingham Mass that isn't too far from me).

/ Is this legit? #18  
I'd personally avoid both those forums. Both are in India, and neither have a dedicated domain name (one is on bdrbuildcon .com and the other is on chhotalal .com). The fact a simple whois shows the URL nurvilsquareconsignment.com did not exist before 4 days ago would make me refuse to give any personal information. If I were interested enough to buy, I'd be interested enough to investigate completely. There are many companies that don't have much of an online profile. Unless you are willing to take the time to go to their location to ensure it's not a scam, it's not worth giving them any information. Better safe than sorry IHMO.

/ Is this legit? #19  
One thing to keep in mind. A new software program is available for business to use that scans the reviews and finds the negatives and replaces them with positive reviews. Scammers can do the same thing and generate hundreds of reviews from other sites and put their name in.

Also, the IP address for this site is Moscow. Russia. Nothing more needs said about the validity.

/ Is this legit? #20  
Curiosity is why I would like to know more. If this is a scam it's a very well thought out costly one. Most scammers are just looking for the people who don't do any investigation at all and send money. It would be nice to know if it is. Someday I could be in the market to buy a used car or tractor and if scammers are going to this much work then I would like to know.