it was all about this rock.....

/ it was all about this rock..... #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
I was moving some smaller rocks and boulders in order to operate my disc to dry it up for a food plot. I spun the tires while trying to roll this boulder....and sunk the tractor enough to bury the disc (which is already detached when the pic was taken). That rock prevented my escape to the front....and the disc to the rear....as I further spun my wheels and buried the tractor good and proper. Grrrrrr.....three 1/2 hours later.....I finally got free.

Those are ag tires....and that mud was really thick. I hate it when I do this.

Attachments

• P1020089(1).JPG
    P1020089(1).JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,034
   / it was all about this rock..... #2  
I like your tool box set up behind the seat.:thumbsup: Was the terrain that wet? That rock doesn't look that big!;)

/ it was all about this rock.....
Yeah...that rock wasn't really huge (but bigger than it looks)....but they are all heavy....and I had little traction due to the mud. It's one of those things that should not happen....but it did.

If the rock wouldn't have gotten me stuck...then pulling the disc probably would have done it a few mins later. :laughing:

/ it was all about this rock..... #4  
You have to tell the rest of the story. How did you get her out?

/ it was all about this rock..... #5  
You have to tell the rest of the story. How did you get her out?

He used this as an excuse to by a bigger Tractor so he could pull the little one out. :D :D

Wedge

After using the loader to get the front end moved over to ther right to clear the rock (which was the hard, and dirty part)....I got a buncha 2x wood under the front tires and some plywood on top of the 2x's....and jammed some 2x6 lengths under the front end of the rear tires. Then hooked a chain to the front axel.

I snaked my SUV through the woods and along some trials and food plots for 1/3 mile or so. Luckily my SUV didnt sink when I drove it alongside the swamp to a trail in front of the tractor.....as it had started to rain. We hooked two lengths of chain to the SUV and me on the tractor while my wife gave it enough of a pull to climb up the wood and free the tractor.

Man....I'm glad we didn't get the SUV stuck too. It was risky....but it worked. :thumbsup: It rained all the next day.

/ it was all about this rock..... #7  
Usually after something like this, people start shopping for a winch? How big are you going to get?

Wedge

/ it was all about this rock..... #8  
I learned real quick after the snow is gone to not take my tractor out of its garage until mid May if not June.
Until the frost is compeletely out and the ground has had a chance to dry up some those sneaky sink holes can be anywhere. It is so tempting when everything on the surface looks dry and hard, but a foot lower and it is soup.
Glad to see you were able to get it out!

/ it was all about this rock..... #9  
I noticed that when most folks get stuck they keep trying until they are buried. Just an observation over the years. I've had many things stuck over time, and have to say that quite a few being buried were my fault. The excuses I allways used were, in a hurry, well if I can just get it to wiggle this much further, a storm is comming so I need to get this thing out before it goes under for good etc... I have learned that the best way to get something unstuck is to take a looooooooong deep breathe, step back and regroup the ENTIRE situation.

Usually after something like this, people start shopping for a winch? How big are you going to get?

Wedge

LOL.....yeah, good point. I believe I will be adding a big winch to my toy arsenal. I had tried using my four-wheeler's 2500# winch (with the four wheeler chained to a tree). No Dice.....too small. I'm gonna have to go shopping for a manual "insurance winch" to attach to a tree.....or some such thing.

Any recommendations?