it was all about this rock.....

/ it was all about this rock..... #11  
LOL.....yeah, good point. I believe I will be adding a big winch to my toy arsenal. I had tried using my four-wheeler's 2500# winch (with the four wheeler chained to a tree). No Dice.....too small. I'm gonna have to go shopping for a manual "insurance winch" to attach to a tree.....or some such thing.

Any recommendations?

due you have an pulley's where you could have doubled up the pulling power of the ATV Winch?

just a thought for when you set the tractor on its axles in soft ground the next time.

sublime out.

/ it was all about this rock.....
due you have an pulley's where you could have doubled up the pulling power of the ATV Winch?

just a thought for when you set the tractor on its axles in soft ground the next time.

sublime out.

Good advice....and I do have a pulley block.....somewhere. :confused: Welcome to TBN. Fill out your profile and jump into the site. :thumbsup:

/ it was all about this rock..... #13  
Any recommendations?

I bought a manual winch from hudson, I use it for everything. It is VERY heavy duty, and just plain heavy. It will skid my tractor side ways, and I have used it to pull it out. It does take a little elbow grease to use but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'll see if I can find a photo????????

/ it was all about this rock..... #14  
And show us the Charger.

/ it was all about this rock..... #15  
:smiley_aafz: I tried to copy a picture of it but it won't work. If you go to Hud-son .com and search for the powerpuller you might get an idea of what it is. Don't let the picture throw you, this thing is a tank and weighs a lot. It is nothing like the cheezy winches sold else where. It is made of solid cast steel unlike others. I'm sure other places must sell it{or something like it} also?? If I get a chance I'll take a picture of mine.

/ it was all about this rock..... #16  
I learned real quick after the snow is gone to not take my tractor out of its garage until mid May if not June.
Until the frost is compeletely out and the ground has had a chance to dry up some those sneaky sink holes can be anywhere. It is so tempting when everything on the surface looks dry and hard, but a foot lower and it is soup.
Glad to see you were able to get it out!

It's dry enough, now. At least down in Wascott.

Howdy, neighbor!!

/ it was all about this rock..... #17  
We used to have something very similar that we used in construction for dragging/lifting heavy stuff. Being designed for dragging they are a lot easier to use than something designed to lift, plus they are designed for a cable instead of chain so a snatch block is a natural addition.
I did get a little antsy though when you mentioned hooking to your front axle. I much prefer to come under the bucket then up to the bucket hook. With a choker chain as the bucket connection you can use your curl to assist or lower your bucket and use it as a tobaggan....

/ it was all about this rock..... #20  
If you want to save a few (or a lot) of dollars, consider the Hi-Lift or Jack-All farm jacks. Both will function as a winch, or simply to jack the stuck machine high enough to get some planking under the wheels. It's not quick but it works, and for a lot less money than a winch.

Chilly