it was all about this rock.....

/ it was all about this rock..... #21  
Some people do not understand the "fun" of a challenge or the comraderie it builds as you work together getting a vehicle out. I haven't got the tractor stuck to where it has taken me a few hours to get her out (yet) but the truck and hunting rig ...........

My hunting buddy and I got in Wyoming and it took us about 5 hours and one ruptured tire to get out. It happened the day before deer season opened and when the tire blew blowing mud all over him, we got the giggles. Glad the wife wasn't with us as she doesn't understand that sometimes you do things just because.

Glad you were able to get your tractor out.

/ it was all about this rock..... #23  
If you want to save a few (or a lot) of dollars, consider the Hi-Lift or Jack-All farm jacks. Both will function as a winch, or simply to jack the stuck machine high enough to get some planking under the wheels. It's not quick but it works, and for a lot less money than a winch.

Chilly

I also have that, it is a nice all around jack, IMO just somewhat clumsy/slow for a winch, but it will work.

/ it was all about this rock..... #26  
Some people do not understand the "fun" of a challenge or the comraderie it builds as you work together getting a vehicle out. I haven't got the tractor stuck to where it has taken me a few hours to get her out (yet) but the truck and hunting rig ...........

My hunting buddy and I got in Wyoming and it took us about 5 hours and one ruptured tire to get out. It happened the day before deer season opened and when the tire blew blowing mud all over him, we got the giggles. Glad the wife wasn't with us as she doesn't understand that sometimes you do things just because.

Glad you were able to get your tractor out.

Have not stuck my tractor YET but several years ago I rode ATVs with a group of buddies and at least half the fun was getting unstuck.

/ it was all about this rock..... #28  
Usually after something like this, people start shopping for a winch? How big are you going to get?

Wedge

It would be nice if tractors came with a self recovery winch mounting point at the rear of the machine where a decent sized winch could be permanently mounted.

Would be nice for reeling in firewood too.

I like maybe an 8k straight line pull winch.

/ it was all about this rock..... #29  
Lucky he didn't flip that tractor!! :D

Seen this before. Ya it's kind of dangerous, but so is getting out of bed in the morning. He knew his tractor well and knew just how to inch forward with the clutch. You use what you have at the time.

Wedge

/ it was all about this rock..... #30  
I went out behind the garage Sunday evening and proceeded to sink up the the axles and even with 4 wheel drive and locked diff I was going nowhere slow. I put some 2X8's under the wheels and backed out. Now I have a few deep ruts to fill when it drys, but with 3 days of rain coming this weekend I will have to wait longer.