Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor?

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #11  
Try a chock in front of tire of the trailer. It will keep the trailer from climbing

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor?
View attachment 271043View attachment 271044View attachment 271045View attachment 271046I purchased 2 - 5,000 # trailer tongue swing jacks that came with a welding tube for my 16' trailer. Took less than 30 minutes to install... and work perfect. i can drive my tractor onto trailer without any lifting of the truck or bouncing of the trailer.

I can either swing the jacks up afterwords or pull the pin and remove them to prevent theft of the jacks.

Exactly what I had in mind.

The dovetail on my trailer would allow the pipe to be welded, and the pins would let you raise the jack just enough to clear the ground, then remove, precluding a lot of effort to raise and lower.

Too, being able to take them off, removes one more "knee knocker" from getting around the trailer to tie down the tractor. Mine is a flat bed with stake pockets, which I decided on partially because it makes that activity much simpler than having static rails in the way of getting up and down to attached my chains and binders.

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #13  
Maybe its just me, but I don't do anything. I've never had a problem, but I've never loaded anything bigger than a car. I wouldn't think you would need anything unless you were loading something really heavy.

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #14  
I have only had it happen to me twice. I was pushing a rock up on the neighbors sons trailer via the ramps and Dove Tail. I am guessing it was about 8,000#, solid granite about the size of a washing machine. As soon as it hit the Dove Tail it raised the rear end of the Dodge 2500 4x4 360 gasser he was towing the trailer with.

The other time we were loading a tracked machine on a 30' GN behind a Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel and as soon as it hit the Dove Tail and before it broke over onto the flat part of the trailer it kicked the fold up ramps with supports out on the gravel lane and dropped the trailer all the way down to the road on the Dove Tail. The rear tires of the truck were 4' off the ground. Took some careful maneuvering, a 9,000# winch, a BobCat, and my tractor to get the machine back up on the trailer without dumping it off the side.

Chris

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #15  
How about a small ramp welded on the back of each ramp? When deployed the ramp would have its own brace..I saw one down in Miss. and it worked well for him. of course it would depend on how big the machine is that you are loading?? The ramps were pinned to the rear..

Like this?

View attachment 271074

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #16  
I use the small bottle jack that i keep with the trailer for if/when i have to change a tire. the rear of my trailer has a piece of channel welded in just the right spot that makes one think it was put there for this exact reason.

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #17  
View attachment 271043View attachment 271044View attachment 271045View attachment 271046I purchased 2 - 5,000 # trailer tongue swing jacks that came with a welding tube for my 16' trailer. Took less than 30 minutes to install... and work perfect. i can drive my tractor onto trailer without any lifting of the truck or bouncing of the trailer.

I can either swing the jacks up afterwords or pull the pin and remove them to prevent theft of the jacks.

That is gosh-darn clever.

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #19  
I highly suggest cheap jack stands for now.
When we first got the tractor, we were loading it on a slight grade; the weight of the tractor pushed the rear of the trailer down, the back of the truck was lifted enough to render the park brake useless. the truck and trailer started moving down the hill. Dad was smart enough to goose the tractor onto the trailer bed and everything came to a halt..
I bought dad a brake holding tool to lock all 4 truck brakes just in case.
we didn't start using jack-stands until we got the aft rail cutoff, then the trailer started bending during loading and we started using the jack-stands. We realized that with the jack-stands I can load the tractor no connected to a truck.
2012-06-12 18-59-45 - IMG_7319ride [Desktop Resolution].JPG
sometimes the stand gets stuck, just drive forward and let it tip over..

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #20  
This is how I avoid needing the rear stabilizer jacks. The dovetail on my trailer doesn't sit very high off the ground so I pull up close to the trailer with the tractor, set the bucket on the deck and lift the tractor up, slide forward till the front wheels are on the deck also. Then simply drive forward untill the rear lugs catch the trailer edge and raise themselves up on to the deck and voila!! Up on the deck with out ramps. If the trailer is not attached to a tow vehicle, it works even better, but you must go slower as not to mash the trailer back down on the tongue jack.

I've done this with my jd 2320 ever since I Lent out my trailer and it came back missing a ramp. It doesn't work as well with the jd 2305 ( less ground clearance) so the back hoe must be attached, and sort of have to dance the rear tires on. Not for the faint at heart!!
Don't let the safety police see you.