Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor?

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor?
Does anyone know of an American made jack system?

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #23  
   / Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #24  
I did exactly that on my 16' flatbed. I picked up a couple swivel jacks at Harbor Freight and welded them on. They work great. No need to crank them all the way to the ground to use either, just leave them with about 1" clearance when being used, then just swivel them out of the way when moving the trailer. They work really nice when I'm having a forklift load items, no ramps to contend with.

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #26  
Holy crap... What the heck were they thinking? A couple 2x10's. Lucky none of those geniuses were killed.

Heck, I felt more sorry for the tractor!!

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #27  
Two words.......natural selection!!

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #28  
View attachment 271043View attachment 271044View attachment 271045View attachment 271046I purchased 2 - 5,000 # trailer tongue swing jacks that came with a welding tube for my 16' trailer. Took less than 30 minutes to install... and work perfect. i can drive my tractor onto trailer without any lifting of the truck or bouncing of the trailer.

I can either swing the jacks up afterwords or pull the pin and remove them to prevent theft of the jacks.
I have the same jacks for loading my B2910. One nice feature of this setup, is that trailer can be loaded/unloaded without being attached to truck. Just block wheels on trailer.

/ Jacks at rear of trailer to eliminate "dip" when loading tractor? #30  
I have a learning experience to share as well. I was loading logs, big logs mind you, onto my trailer with my front loader. I was unable to lift the entire log at once so I would lift one end and place it on the back of the trailer then push it on from behind. Anyone see where this story is heading? Oh did I mention my truck was on a gravel drive and also on top of a hill (before I started this process anyway)? I was smart enough to set the parking brake but not smart enough the chock my wheels or support the back of the trailer. As I was pushing on the first log I noticed the truck scooting in the rocks but still felt I could get the log the rest of the way on. I was wrong! My truck quickly picked up speed and darted off the driveway through a forest and came to rest at the bottom I the 300' hill jack-knifed. I must have been living right because the rig missed every tree and the trailer was about 1/8" away from my truck fender in the end. I did have to cut down a tree to get out of my predicament and wish I would have videoed it. Definitely could have won $10,000 on AFV.