Financing JD 2305

/ JD 2305 #11  
I don't think it's envy so much as brand loyalty wars that have been going on for decades, beenthere.

I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. I tend to think that whatever i'm using at the moment is the best thing ever.

The 2305 (and similar tractors by other makers) are pretty light duty though. I think they get a bad reputation among some because they'll punch above their weight quite happily for a while. Then they break.

They aren't really made for full-time farm or landscaping work though, they are made for owners of large residential properties.

/ JD 2305 #12  
I don't think it's envy so much as brand loyalty wars that have been going on for decades, beenthere.

I have no brand loyalty whatsoever. I tend to think that whatever i'm using at the moment is the best thing ever.

The 2305 (and similar tractors by other makers) are pretty light duty though. I think they get a bad reputation among some because they'll punch above their weight quite happily for a while. Then they break.

They aren't really made for full-time farm or landscaping work though, they are made for owners of large residential properties.
The Massey I have now is my first tractor, and I've never lived on a farm.
I started my tractor search with Kubota(I wanted one for years), checked out the Cub Cadet/Yanmar(same dealer), then checked out John Deere(cause that's what most around here use), then stumbled on the Massey(totally forgot that dealer was even there).

With the Deere, the aluminum transaxle turned me off quick.
The Kubota, I wasn't crazy about the pedal arrangement.
The CCY.........the wife said she didn't want a 'bumblebee', and didn't like the pedal arrangement.
The Massey fit.

P.S. If the Massey had an aluminum transaxle, it would still be at the dealer.

/ JD 2305 #13  
The Massey I have now is my first tractor, and I've never lived on a farm.
I started my tractor search with Kubota(I wanted one for years), checked out the Cub Cadet/Yanmar(same dealer), then checked out John Deere(cause that's what most around here use), then stumbled on the Massey(totally forgot that dealer was even there).

With the Deere, the aluminum transaxle turned me off quick.
The Kubota, I wasn't crazy about the pedal arrangement.
The CCY.........the wife said she didn't want a 'bumblebee', and didn't like the pedal arrangement.
The Massey fit.

P.S. If the Massey had an aluminum transaxle, it would still be at the dealer.

I have heard nothing of the 2305 breaking front axles.??

Can you point us to the threads where this has been mentioned.??

/ JD 2305 #14  
yes I would like to see how many have had axle problems with the 2305 also....if you can show us the threads I would sure like to read them....thanks....:)

/ JD 2305 #16  
I have heard nothing of the 2305 breaking front axles.??

Can you point us to the threads where this has been mentioned.??
The transaxle(which I was referring to), is the 'rear end', not the front.

The rear end housing is aluminum, bad design for anything that is marketed as a tractor. Lawn mowers have aluminum transaxles.

I walked away as soon as I saw that.

Last edited:
   / JD 2305 #17  
   / JD 2305 #20  
reading the post it looks like this was an issue with 2007 and older units...wonder how john deere fixed it....thanks for the link Don....:thumbsup: