JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #81  
That is sooooo cool!!!!!!

I built horizontal exhaust for my Ford. Painted it satin black using Van Sickle exhaust paint in a spray can. Man that stuff is good paint!!!!!!

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #82  
Here's a pic. I cheated and used the stock vertical muffler. Just showing the paint in this pic.

20150212_082952 (1280x720).jpg

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #83  
Here's a pic. I cheated and used the stock vertical muffler. Just showing the paint in this pic.

View attachment 490632

Have you had any troubles with the muffler getting hit by those phantom flying sticks with this setup Richard? I hate the position of the L3600 exaust.

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #84  
Have you had any troubles with the muffler getting hit by those phantom flying sticks with this setup Richard? I hate the position of the L3600 exaust.

Not so far. I'd rather not talk about it. Soon as I do I'll yank it clean off...... :)

I kinda worried about heat but don't feel any. I did it because I'm in the timber a lot and knew I couldn't deal with it being vertical there.

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #85  
Very nice work Greg, want to come build us some exhausts?

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement
Looking at the assembly/dissassembly logistics, Im going to have to have another slip joint in the mix somewhere. The amount of travel needed to remove the exit pipe from the muffler is more than the roll cage and limb riser pipe can deal with... And my original thoughts on mounting that pipe to the limb riser dont excite me much, gotta find something better.

Preliminary fit of exhaust exit to limb riser pipe. Too close to grill, need to tweak the angle a little bit.

/ JD 3005 exhaust mods/replacement #88  
Looks like your putting a lot of thought into your exhaust system Greg.

I now have some ideas on the mounting brackets/clamps I need on the limb risers, and took a few minutes to adjust the muffler exit pipe elbow. It clears the lower corner of the grill better now, and should still clear the front tire at full right turn and full articulation.

Got a few hours in this morning. Everything finished, brackets made, and ran it... Way to loud. Sounds like a ricer car with fart can muffler. Not happy with the sound. Not sure how to deal with that... Will have to open up the muffler and modify the baffles drastically.

However... A few pictures of brackets

More pictures later... Getting some lunch, then gotta clean horse stalls.