JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #21  
The tc30hst I drove, while a nice machine, seemed light and jerky. The l3400hst just seemed bigger and stronger and was also $300.00 less.

I've moved two mounds of dirt, moved downed trees, stumps, knocked down an old pump house and brush hogged with it so far....2 weeks/12 hrs old.

Solid tractor...but I think most of them are.:D

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400
I have been leaning toward the L3400 but today the new holland sales guy called and told me about their new financing. So I've called around for pricing and this is what I came up with.

TC30 HST with FEL and cruise control, box blade, rotary cutter, finish cutter with tax all just over 21k. Plus I get 0.0% for 60 months.

Now I'm thinking blue looks good!!!

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #23  
RAD10 said:
Thanks Adiredneck, I agree the 790 seems small. I liked some things about the JD 3203 but am leaning toward the L3400 right now. The info on the NH is good.

I am going to take one more round this week and go visit the dealers in the same day and view each of the tractors and then make my decission.

Can you tell me what you use with your L3400, it would be great to understand how it is used and any pros and cons that i can compare to my needs.

I honestly have not even had anything hooked up to the PTO on my tractor & I've had it over a year now.

I primary use my tractor in the woods for firewood & also use the loader for lifting logs on a portable sawmill. Snow removal too. Whatever brand you go with, the Quick Attach bucket is critical. I did not go that route when I bought mine, as it is not standard, but am kicking myself for it now.

A friend just bought an L3400 with a Kubota QA. The QA on the L3130 will fit the LA463 loader on the L3400. They also threw in the 66" bucket from the L3130 as well.

A couple of more pros for the TC-30. If you get the HST, I believe it comes standard with a mid PTO. Also, the machine has been in production for a LONG time, and has proven itself reliable.

Even being a Kubota fanatic (there are 4 on my road in 1 mile) 0% for 60 months from NH is almost a no-brainer. That's just incredible.

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #24  
Adiredneck said:
I honestly have not even had anything hooked up to the PTO on my tractor & I've had it over a year now.

I primary use my tractor in the woods for firewood & also use the loader for lifting logs on a portable sawmill. Snow removal too. Whatever brand you go with, the Quick Attach bucket is critical. I did not go that route when I bought mine, as it is not standard, but am kicking myself for it now.

A friend just bought an L3400 with a Kubota QA. The QA on the L3130 will fit the LA463 loader on the L3400. They also threw in the 66" bucket from the L3130 as well.

A couple of more pros for the TC-30. If you get the HST, I believe it comes standard with a mid PTO. Also, the machine has been in production for a LONG time, and has proven itself reliable.

Even being a Kubota fanatic (there are 4 on my road in 1 mile) 0% for 60 months from NH is almost a no-brainer. That's just incredible.

NH maybe getting a "KICKBACK" on the insurance required, because of the 0% financing due to the loss of interest? It would be interesting to know the required insurance cost per year before signing the dotted line! Maybe a no free lunch deal after all?

machmeter62 said:
NH maybe getting a "KICKBACK" on the insurance required, because of the 0% financing due to the loss of interest? It would be interesting to know the required insurance cost per year before signing the dotted line! Maybe a no free lunch deal after all?

The one sales guy told me it was only like $144 a year for what I'm looking at. Seems real resonable, however I'm also checking with my insurance agent because the more I spend with them the more I get cash back with no claims.

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #26  
RAD10 said:
The one sales guy told me it was only like $144 a year for what I'm looking at. Seems real resonable, however I'm also checking with my insurance agent because the more I spend with them the more I get cash back with no claims.

I think the insurance is fair @$12/mo.X 60= $720. I think you will pay the insurance directly to NH; even if you are covered under your homeowners policy? I have two New Hollands; and the only weakness over the years are the water pumps @$300.00 each. The fluid was never an issue....I had been doing a lot of rototilling, when the failures started at high RPM! I also think the TC-30 is a good tractor, and if the price is good, I would buy it. I also like the gearing ranges on the TC-30, both FWD and REV. Good Luck on your decision! The Kubotas, I have never had any issues; I understand Kubota builds all their components for all their tractors?

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #27  
I do not wish to upset Sweats with this post, as his machine seems really to be good for his needs. I do not know a great deal about the NH or Kubota, but I believe the Kubota would be a better choice than the JD. NH, not so sure. The 3203 is a tough nut. It has a good engine, OK hydraulics and a two speed range and some finish work cuts and lack of some features that make it tough to swallow for me. I think JD wanted to offer a mid frame with over 30 hp for the least possible money. With that concession, I think they over priced the 3203. It is really close in price to the 3120 in our area and the 20 series machines are very much upgraded over the 3203. Having driven a 3203 and used it some to do some light loader work, my initial impression is that it is not quite at the level of the 20 series for either comfort or capability. I would seriously price a 3120 in the JD line and compare it to the other machines also. You might be surprised how close it may come. The 3120 hydro comes with Loadmatch, much better hydraulics, a true open platform, three axle ranges, better steering and seating, etc. than does the 3203. In our area the price difference was only around $1K. That said, again from the JD end, which is what I have, I do not mean any offense to those that have and are happy with their 3203's, merely that one should also price a 3120 when comparing it to the other machines. I do know all three you have mentioned offer competitive pricing, but based on features, etc. I would say the Kubota would be the best bet (unless a 3120 was included).

John M

I must say i test drove several tractors now. Although the NH makes so much since with the financing right now, I really did not like the TC30. Now some of the other models yes but more money and they don't have the 0% for 60 months.

I did like the JD 3203 and kubota L3400, also looked at the JD 20 series but here the money is more than $1k. The other brand of tractors i did not like so i have narrowed it down to the kubota and JD. Now just to get the configuration and money right then i purchase.

thanks for the input.

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #29  
In my area, depending on dealer, the going rate for a 3120 is $15,300 to $15,800 for the tractor alone, and for a 3203 is from $14,200 and up (for the machine, averaging I suppose $1100-$1800 difference in price. The discrepancy is a little larger if one adds a 300cx loader to the 3120 which is the top loader for the 3000 series machines. You cannot to my knowledge spec a 300cx loader to the 3203, although I MIGHT be incorrect on that. If one looks at the vast number of feature upgrades, some of which I mentioned in my earlier post, the difference in price between a 3203 and a 3120 for a JD offering is really pretty small. As I mentioned I am peripherally familiar with the other machines mentioned. I do not know as much about the New Holland, but the model you mention does not seem to offer as much as the Kubota. The main issue I see with any of these machines is that despite their price-point status for each model, they really are not that much less expensive than their more-frilly counterparts. When I heard JD was coming out with a mid frame lower cost hydro, I was pretty excited. My father has been looking at one for his property, but he does not need such the bells and whistles, as his would be a limited use machine and he does not want all the extras for his needs. I was a bit disappointed though when I saw it was so similar in price to the 3120. Yes, it does have more HP, 32.5 v. 29.5, but the 3120 has one additional range, E hydro which is a great improvement over standard hydro, and I believe as much or more power when rated at the PTO. If you like JD, really shop around before fully committing to the 3203 as the JD offering.

John M

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #30  
My home owers insurance covers my tractor. We validated this prior to purchasing.