JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #11  
Dirt;
Most impressive! The added footprint would definitely help ease my "pucker factor"!

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?
AKfish said:
Dirt;
Most impressive! The added footprint would definitely help ease my "pucker factor"!
I agree 100% with that statement. Many thanks to all who provided responses. I'm going to look for a Unverferth dealer and get a set (cost permitting).

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #13  
I doesn't completly erase the pucker factor. You always have that no matter how many hours you have on heavy equipment or tractors. The extensions do help tremendously though with stability. A noticable difference. You can't buy directly from Unverferth, you have to go thru a dealer. If you contact Unverferth they will refer you to a dealer. $700.00 with shipping. Quite pricey,but necessary for me. Also cheaper than $25k+ on its side.

Sincerely,
Dirt

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #14  
sunnyside, yes I did install them myself. Its just a matter of taking your wheels and tires off the tractor hubs, then bolting on the extensions using the bolts provided. Then once the extensions are in place, bolting the wheels onto the extensions with your factory wheel bolts. The trick since you have loaded tires is going to be to get the tractor at just the right height so you can place the wheel hubs just right, so you will not have to lift the loaded tires and wheels to get them lined up and bolted to the extensions. Get some help if possible the loaded tires are going to be too much for one person to handle. It would be nice if you had a neighbor with a tractor/loader to help. I had no trouble doing mine myself,but my tires are not loaded.

Sincerely,
Dirt

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #15  
Will these work with a 72" 7-iron MMM on an open station 3320?

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers?
BloomingtonMike said:
Will these work with a 72" 7-iron MMM on an open station 3320?
Don't know why the spacers would not work on open station. I have a 3720 Cab with the smaller R4's and 72" 7-Iron MMM and I'm sure the axle extensions will work on mine as there is nothing to get in the way of moving the wheels outward 2" on each side. For that matter, the wheels could be moved out much further without any problems. JB

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #17  
Mike, I guess you could lay a straight edge across the front edge of your tires and see if it clears your MMM OK. I wouldn't see why they would not work.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #18  
Good technical pics dirt. I am gonna try my unit out with the turf tires this weekend and see if the spacers are still required.

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #19  
Nuru, I was scared of my JD 3520 just running around on level ground with the was it was set up from the factory. I don't consider myself scared easily either. I also had 11 years expericence and 2100 hours on a JD 870.

32.6 degrees side slope with a JD 455
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/dirtworksequip/P1010040.jpg

The unverferth wheel extensions where a must for me. Of course the 3520 will do only about half the 32.6.

Sincerely,
Dirt

/ JD 3x20 Wheel Spacers? #20  
Dirt;

Great picture! Had to chuckle! I think I'd have a grapple hook and line comin from uphill and tied onto the seat of my pants!

AKfish