JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #31  
Speed match is like your curise control on a vehicle, and the "accel/decel switch" on the tractor serves the same function as in your vehicle, a way to adjust the ground speed up or down.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should
Thanks, I understand the feature, I just don't know which switch is the accel/decel switch... what image is on it?

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #33  
Thanks, I understand the feature, I just don't know which switch is the accel/decel switch... what image is on it?

I.m not at the farm, but I will look in the book when I can.

It was confusing to me at first, and I learned just by using the switches.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #34  
Just thumbed through my manual. There should indeed be a an accel/decal toggle switch next to the cruise control switch on the panel if your machine has speed match option. It would be a switch to the right of the cruise switch. It is possible that the previous owner had hired help or younger adults or kids that used the machine and he did not want them using his machine above the speed your getting. So its possible that he set it and removed the switch and put a plate over the empty spot. Im just tryin to think outside the box because from your explanation, this machine is deffinately getting a signal to the E-hydro not to go over the speed your getting so it is electronically retarding flow to pump to maintain speed

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #35  
I'll play around with mine today, I thought there was a way to use SpeedMatch without the upgraded cruise option, but I didn't see it in the manual.

Awesome, thanks again for all this help. I wish I knew more about the tractor...

I'll play around with mine today, I thought there was a way to use SpeedMatch without the upgraded cruise option, but I didn't see it in the manual.

Any chance you were able to crack the code on your 4720?

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #38  
Any chance you were able to crack the code on your 4720?

Sorry, I forgot about it. I almost feel guilty enough to go back out in the barn, but I just showered. I will be running it first thing in the AM.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #39  
Sorry, I forgot about it. I almost feel guilty enough to go back out in the barn, but I just showered. I will be running it first thing in the AM.

You should.:D