JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should
x2. a real sport would grab a glass of jack daniels and go out and make sense of it.

I'm thinking that the reason I can't figure it out is I usually have a glass of maker's or buffalo trace with me.

Sorry, I forgot about it. I almost feel guilty enough to go back out in the barn, but I just showered. I will be running it first thing in the AM.

No worries, thanks!

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #43  
I'm thinking that the reason I can't figure it out is I usually have a glass of maker's or buffalo trace with me.

Ha Ha. It took me 20 years to figure out that drinking and tractoring don't mix. I wreck too much stuff:thumbdown:

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #44  
Ha Ha. It took me 20 years to figure out that drinking and tractoring don't mix. I wreck too much stuff:thumbdown:

onlyh problem I ran into after 20 years is the lines aren't as pretty when im done mowing

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #45  
onlyh problem I ran into after 20 years is the lines aren't as pretty when im done mowing
\

I will be the first to admit whether drinking or not I am lousy at mowing with nice neat uniform lines. Just don't have the patience or interest in it, usually it looks better within a day or so.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #46  
Sorry, I forgot about it. I almost feel guilty enough to go back out in the barn, but I just showered. I will be running it first thing in the AM.

Well! You find out or what. Don't keep the guy hanging.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #47  
My 4510 will easily do 18-20 mph on the road-- it is an e-ticket ride for sure-- not very stable at speed. That is with everything switched off and in rear wheel drive.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #48  
Well! You find out or what. Don't keep the guy hanging.

I can't activate/deactivate SpeedMatch through the display menus...just MotionMatch and LoadMatch...I had the many "matches" confused.
I did do some reading last night in my service manual, and if you PM me you email, I will send you some calibration procedures, then you can at least see if the pedals are calibrated right.
The service modes are kind of cool...if your kind of wierd.

Problem fixed. Just got it back. Bad potentiometer. Not sure what that means but they replaced it, synced it and it goes fast again.

Thanks again to all who gave ideas, I do appreciate your time!

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #50  
Glad to hear it!