Buying Advice jd 5075e or ls p7010c

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #21  
Dang! Not a single proponent for the JD? :bawling: And it seems like you might be able to get parts for an LS after a few years too. Maybe. If so I got nothing. Hummpff!!

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #22  
You're right. That decision should be made on a 100 degree day with dust blowing in your face and yellow jackets swarming. ;)

Pappy;

This should be the "Quote of the Week"

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #23  
I don't know if you mentioned it or not but are you looking at cab versions of the 5075e? If the cab version is only on the LS then that would make my decision even easier, assuming you will not be working in areas where a cab might not be beneficial.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c
Rollings I will probably be keeping the other 2 and gradually try to fix them for that kind of work. The LS is the only one with a cab $35900 and is really close to the JD without, $36500. Just got home from looking some more and the LS is really starting to shine. Probably would have bought one today but he thought it was sold to an elderly gent and considering the heat he can have it, it also has the ag tires instead of the industrial which the dealer ordered one today, said two weeks. Went to other dealer to buy the bush-hog mx8 for $3000 and was told the manager had promised to hold it for someone, should find out tomorrow. SO far it is P7010C with the 2 spike bale fork for the front and filled industrial tires (with water mix) for $35900. I did not remember to ask about delivery but I think he will or at least for cheap, 60 miles. I did drive it around the lot and it might put a bouncy house to shame! Fluid hopefully will help that, and the air seemed to be cooler. They said almost all the cab'd 7010 needed half can or so of freon. knighty knite.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c
Coby, so are you gonna stand up for the big green?

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #26  
Rollings I will probably be keeping the other 2 and gradually try to fix them for that kind of work. The LS is the only one with a cab $35900 and is really close to the JD without, $36500. Just got home from looking some more and the LS is really starting to shine. Probably would have bought one today but he thought it was sold to an elderly gent and considering the heat he can have it, it also has the ag tires instead of the industrial which the dealer ordered one today, said two weeks. Went to other dealer to buy the bush-hog mx8 for $3000 and was told the manager had promised to hold it for someone, should find out tomorrow. SO far it is P7010C with the 2 spike bale fork for the front and filled industrial tires (with water mix) for $35900. I did not remember to ask about delivery but I think he will or at least for cheap, 60 miles. I did drive it around the lot and it might put a bouncy house to shame! Fluid hopefully will help that, and the air seemed to be cooler. They said almost all the cab'd 7010 needed half can or so of freon. knighty knite.

My R4047 was pretty bouncy until I added ballast...huge, huge difference. Also, they tend to have too much air in the tires at the dealer (sems to be all brands).

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #27  
Coby, so are you gonna stand up for the big green?

Nope. Reason for buying mine was:A) They are the closest dealer (12 miles). Don't like the dealer, and actually bought if from another JD dealer farther away, but will buy (some) parts, filters, etc.. from the close one.
B) I tend to buy and hold onto an item for a long, long, time. Thus availability of parts 10, 20, 30 years from now, hopefully more, was important. Other brands don't have that record, NOT that other brands won't be here, but are unproven. (And yes, there's no guarantee that JD will be here either).
C) ....and this is hard to admit as I'm all about what's logical, best value, functional over form/brand/status, non-emotional, don't place my identity/loyalty with a corporation, etc.. (don't even get me going on those Harley guys or "my team" sport fans), but my Deere was the exception (sort of). Got to fess up: I was raised on Green and my dad would of turned over in his grave if I'd bought anything other. Plus what's an extra $400 over 30 years?

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #28  
I know when I bought my 5055E a cab option was around $8,000. I don't know what the cab cost for the LS but it cannot be cheap.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c
Fieldman, the LS is only with cab in 7010 no option or so I am told.
Coby my dad probably was to but I think just because there are more of them around to buy, he only bought two that I know of and still have both. Ummm then again I remember a cub from when I was really young but do not remember what happened with it.

/ jd 5075e or ls p7010c #30  
I guess the point I am trying to make is the LS tractor basically comes with a cab for free. On the Deere they want around $8,000 more. Hard to beat that deal especially if a guy is not worried about resale any time soon.

Fieldman, the LS is only with cab in 7010 no option or so I am told.
Coby my dad probably was to but I think just because there are more of them around to buy, he only bought two that I know of and still have both. Ummm then again I remember a cub from when I was really young but do not remember what happened with it.