JD 750? anything to look for

/ JD 750? anything to look for #1  

ohmyback

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 750 GC1705
Going to look at very clean 750 with 1200 hrs.
I am newb anything I should look for? It has fel & rfm.

/ JD 750? anything to look for #2  
Overall condition and history of the tractor. One or two owners best and long ownership of the last owner a good sign. Look at the oil and if it was me and I could do it without a hassle I would look at the air filter. Overall condition probably the best indicator.

/ JD 750? anything to look for
Thank you!
Was mainly looking at new tractors & this one popped up. From the pics it is very clean. The bucket is nice and straight, hardly looks used.
price is right so I hope it checks out. I guess this is a decent model?

One other thing. Are you still able to get parts if needed?

/ JD 750? anything to look for #5  
Depends on what part. You are starting to run into NLA (No Longer Available) with some items

/ JD 750? anything to look for #6  
They made a LOT of this series and I can't imagine ever being denied a part if you use the dealer, the aftermarket and boneyards. Maybe a block if it was a specific size and you wanted new but there are too many of these around for a complete abandonment. I had a 950HC once and was surprised at the interchangeability of parts from the 650? to the 950.

/ JD 750? anything to look for #7  
Like you said, it is just a matter of how much effort you can put into it

/ JD 750? anything to look for #8  
I bought one new in 1988 and kept it for 27 years. The only problem I had that wasn't a direct result of operator stupidity was the alternator and the regulator/rectifier module, both still available.

I might look elsewhere if it's not 4 wheel drive (actually "Mechanical Front Wheel Assist" or MFWA) as it's pretty light and can use all the help it can get for traction.

I ran a 5' bush hog, a 6' finish mower, log splitter, 4" chipper, 5" box blade and a Woods 650 backhoe with no problems whatsoever, power-wise.

A fine, rugged and economical tractor. Only reason I traded is I wanted a cab, power steering and live PTO.

/ JD 750? anything to look for #9  
Don't know if this picture will load.
Brought her home today.

WP_20150912_002.jpg