JD 750? anything to look for

/ JD 750? anything to look for #21  
When you park it, keep the clutch depressed with a vice grip

/ JD 750? anything to look for
Good Tip
Thanks

/ JD 750? anything to look for #23  
Be very studious about changing anti freeze. This tractor has a tendency for blowing head gaskets if engine is run hot. Had mine for 28 years. Minor parts are easy to get. Its the major parts that show NLA's. A good parts manager will help you a lot. I once had a float valve go off the fel control. It is sold as one piece and "non-reconstructable". It too was deemed "NLA". Only part broken was a tiny spring smaller than a snot. I would have had to buy the entire scv for $700. A smart parts guy found what looked to be the same spring in 318 garden tractor control. He ordered it, and it was the same spring. Cost me $2.32 and indeed was reconstructible. I worked my 750 to the bone but as things started letting go, it was time for a new tractor. If it is used lightly and fluids changed regularly, this should last you for a long time.

This one (yours) looks like it had an easy life, always covered and in great shape. An exceptional find.
Here's a pic of mine dealing with some stuff not much seen in Missouri I bet.

All the wood stems you see in the back ground (actually you can't see them very well) was dragged in by this tractor. 28 years worth of skidding in large stems.

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 108
   / JD 750? anything to look for #24  

Only if it will be immobile for a long time. I wouldn't use my tractor for a month or more and never had the clutch plate rust w/o having to set clutch

/ JD 750? anything to look for #25  
A fine, rugged and economical tractor. Only reason I traded is I wanted a cab, power steering and live PTO.

Agreed. I had one for about 10 years and except for needing to get the starter rebuilt was trouble free. My only real complaints were that the hydraulics were a bit weak, and the fact that it's so narrow made it feel very tippy.
It started much easier in cold weather than my Kioti does.

/ JD 750? anything to look for #26  

Only if it will be immobile for a long time. I wouldn't use my tractor for a month or more and never had the clutch plate rust w/o having to set clutch

And my clutch has frozen shut over the course of three days. So I just find it easier to follow the old rule of better safe than sorry. If you don't, that's cool with me. I just schedule an extra twelve seconds into my work day to make sure the clutch is protected.