Jim's Pole Barn Project - hopefully

/ Jim's Pole Barn Project - hopefully #1  

jwstewar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Jim\'s Pole Barn Project - hopefully

We think we are going to build a pole barn to serve as a garage for car, truck, and tractor as well as my workshop/tool storage. We are looking at going 30X48. Unfortunately where we wanted to put it was where my existing 8X16 tool shed sits. I said no big deal, I'll empty and hook the tractor on and away we'll go. Nope. Just bent the hooks that I put into the 4X4 runners. Also decided the tractor wasn't big enough. Put my tow strap and 2 of my racheting tie down straps around the 4X4 structure of the shed and hooked to the truck. Nope. Called dad he brought his truck hooked it to the shed. Nope. Hooked my truck to his truck hooked to the shed. Nope, just had 8 wheels spinning. I was getting frustrated. Not only wasn't where I wanted it to be, but wasn't where it was either - and I had cut the electric to it. For whatever reason I decided to hook the little tractor to the front of the train. Low and behold it moved and we moved it rather easily now. I think what really happened the tractor put weight to the front of my truck and allow it to bit better.

Here is a picture of where the shed had been sitting.

Attachments

• 305767-MVC-070F.JPG
    305767-MVC-070F.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 4,073
   / Jim's Pole Barn Project - hopefully
Re: Jim\'s Pole Barn Project - hopefully

This is about how far we moved it. Had to some positioning once we got it there, but this was essentially where it ended up.

Attachments

• 305768-MVC-071F.JPG
    305768-MVC-071F.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,801

A closer view of the back of the train.

A side shot of the train.

Attachments

• 305772-MVC-073F.JPG
    305772-MVC-073F.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,797

A shot of the locomotive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 305776-MVC-074F.JPG
    305776-MVC-074F.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,720

The caboose.

We did get the shed moved into place and got it somewhat leveled up. Couldn't get the blocks under like I had so it isn't anywhere near as solid feeling, but I wasn't sure how to do it. Will try to shim it up more later. Just wanted to concentrate on getting everything put back into it. Just to name a few items: 3 tiered toolbox, air compressor, 2 push mowers, TroyBilt 8HP Horse Tiller, power washer, lawn sweeper, 250# lawn seed spreader, workbench, DeWalt 12" Double-Bevel miter saw, all kinds of DeWalt power tools, rakes, shovels, hoes, and all kinds of outside Christmas decorations.

We did discover one thing though while doing this. In the first shot there was a cage of 2 rabbits we got the kids for Easter. They were supposed both be girls. NOT!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif We found 3 little bunnies. We guessing about 3 or 4 weeks old. Guess I've gotta do some separating. Of course wifey doesn't want to get rid of any of them, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif anybody want a rabbit? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 305781-MVC-075F.JPG
    305781-MVC-075F.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,564
   / Jim's Pole Barn Project - hopefully #7  

NO !!!!!!
You keep them things down there in Cillicothe. I have enough wild ones here driving Buddy nuts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerry

/ Jim's Pole Barn Project - hopefully #8  

Well, all I can say is de-ja-vu. I spent most of my weekend clearing for a new pole barn which also involved moving a shed (8 X 12). I had a dozer in for the clearing and we used that to move the shed. In our first attempt, we pulled the eye hooks (screw type) clean out of the ends of the 4 X 4's. I ran down to the hardware store and purchased some eye bolts and put them through the 4 X 4's. That worked, but the eye's were bent-up pretty bad. We also hauled-in 185 yards of sand for fill. I am building a 32 X 36 dutch gambrel style pole building with a full upstairs. I do not know how much research you have done on pole buildings, but try to commercial girts if you plan on insulating it.

/ Jim's Pole Barn Project - hopefully #9  

Reminds me of when we put in our double wide. The truck got stuck on a sharp curve. The crew had a small dozer and were spinning the tracks trying to pull the truck and house. I fired up my Oliver OC-3 and hooked to the dozer's blade, Truck, dozer and tractor just moved it slicker'n, well slick. Wish we'd have got some pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Jim's Pole Barn Project - hopefully #10  

Well Jim,No wonder the shed would'nt move...with 2 Chevys hooked up to it... Just kidding of course /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifreminds me of the time I managed to get my ATV 4-wheeler stuck up to the gas tank,walked 2 1/2 miles to get back to the pickup.

I found a friend who had a 4x4 pickup with a winch and we headed back out across the muddy mess to where I had stuck the 4-wheeler.We could only get just close enough for the winch cable to hook up.

Pulled out the ATV with no problems,but when it came time go, the pickup would'nt budge,just sit there and spin in the mud.After Randy was about to give up,I said "lets try hookin the 4-wheeler on the rear of the pickup"

His reply was"fat chance,but go ahead anyway" We did,it helped the truck get enough bite to back up,and then we rehooked to the front end to help get the truck back onto some higher ground /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Amazing at what just a little extra tug will do /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif