John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59
   / John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #42  
Looks okay to me, overall condition is good too from the pics, I haven't seen many of these with all the options selling used. Most are lower cost models.

Sure makes me appreciate my 110 and cab.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #43  
Ok, I've been looking at the tractor Akfish found on Ebay and is it just me or does it look like the boom of the 110 is bent? Here's the link again. Look at the rear photos on the left side especially it looks deformed. Maybe it's just an allusion from me staring at it to long though:laughing:

John Deere 110 Tractor Loader Backhoe with Hydraulic Thumb, 3 Point Hitch, 4wd | eBay

You might have something there.... It does look like something might have put a dent here and there on the face of the boom.

Maybe enough that the surface appears to be concave - curved inward.

Email the seller and ask the question - and see if he'll send additional photos. Simple enough. If his seller rating means what it should...

AKfish

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #44  
Knocking trees down and digging stumps... that's the main reason I went with a 110 - and a HD 66" root grapple on the FEL.

I've been digging stumps for nearly 4 years and have dug ~25 trees that were around 24"-32" in diameter. So, big that there was no way I could pick 'em up with the hoe and thumb!

Even cut close to the ground.

Makes the rear wheels spin when I "inch" 'em off the ground with the FEL. Grab and curl to get 'em off the ground enough to move 'em to the pile.

I don't have oaks or maples; but some very big Spruce and Cottonwoods. Might have to work the base and break and tear the larger branch roots - maybe an hour or so.

Never run into one yet... that the 110 wouldn't take out!

AKfish

AKfish said:
You might have something there.... It does look like something might have put a dent here and there on the face of the boom.

Maybe enough that the surface appears to be concave - curved inward.

Email the seller and ask the question - and see if he'll send additional photos. Simple enough. If his seller rating means what it should...

AKfish

Definitely a concern. I've looked at some others from the same angle and I think it may just be how the boom starts wide gets narrow and then gets wider. I'm not sure though. I'll be getting in touch with him.

As for the root grapple that is very nice to know. I may have to invest in one if I can get this thing.

And do you have to rub it in jenkinsph?:laughing:

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #46  
Knocking trees down and digging stumps... that's the main reason I went with a 110 - and a HD 66" root grapple on the FEL.

I've been digging stumps for nearly 4 years and have dug ~25 trees that were around 24"-32" in diameter. So, big that there was no way I could pick 'em up with the hoe and thumb!

Even cut close to the ground.

Makes the rear wheels spin when I "inch" 'em off the ground with the FEL. Grab and curl to get 'em off the ground enough to move 'em to the pile.

I don't have oaks or maples; but some very big Spruce and Cottonwoods. Might have to work the base and break and tear the larger branch roots - maybe an hour or so.

Never run into one yet... that the 110 wouldn't take out!

AKfish

The 110 can do a lot just like you say. Obviously it has limits but the transportability offsets. I wanted something I could move between locations easily and still have a machine that was more than a tractor with a backhoe 'add-on'. It's been great.

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #47  
The 110 can do a lot just like you say. Obviously it has limits but the transportability offsets. I wanted something I could move between locations easily and still have a machine that was more than a tractor with a backhoe 'add-on'. It's been great.

That is how I see it too.
I looked at lots of equipment of various sizes including compact wheel loaders and mini excavators from Cat, also considered the Terex 760B backhoe which was selling new with cab and extendahoe for less money. It all came down to the 110 being a small enough size to transport easily yet still enough machine to get my jobs done.

Currently being able to use the F550 service truck with tools and parts on board along with the pull type trailer and 110tlb means one trip in and out. This makes it profitable whereas making several trips with various tools and machinery would be a losing proposition.

This is what I'm going through. At first I was looking at trading in my tractor for a full size, quickly realized I wouldn't be able to tote it around with what I have and would be impractical, so I looked at some older full sizes and would keep my tractor but it still wouldn't allow me to move it around although it would mainly be at my place in Northern MI. I like the idea of being able to pull it around with ease but still having a designed TLB and the SSQA being able to but anything on the front of it. Now if I can just get my hands on one:thumbsup:

/ John Deere 110 vs Kubota M59 #49  
I suspect you will find this exercise in shopping has led you to a machine size that is alot more practical. The 110tlb with full hydraulics will do everything you need it to do and will be an easy pull behind a 450/4500 truck.

I suspect you will find this exercise in shopping has led you to a machine size that is alot more practical. The 110tlb with full hydraulics will do everything you need it to do and will be an easy pull behind a 450/4500 truck.

Yes sir it seems to be that way. And I happen to have one of those trucks:thumbsup: