Comparison John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help

/ John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help #31  
Not trying to argue. Just pointing out the other side, that there are many advantages to having ONE machine. And that dont mean someone has to compromise. Not every needs a HUGE machine to do the tasks they want.

It there "heavier" tasks are something that can be handled by a machine small enough to mow the grass as well, there is no compromise.

And while you may not take offense to your small tractor being called a "toy", most here probabally would. Especially a new guy comming on here shopping for a tractor and asking about a few models only to have you call them "toys".:confused2:

/ John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help
UPDATE
I think I just about got the wife talked into buying a JD 1026. I know there are other models out there for the same price but I really like the John Deere features plus my local dealer has been in business for as long as I can remember and I have 45 years old, if I would go with Mahrinda or massey ferguson or any others I don't know the salesman's plus I would have to drive 50 miles or more. I also called the guy that works on my JD LX277 mower (former john deere mechanic) and asked his advice. He said he liked the 2305 and highly recommended the 1026. He knows my situation on my land and what I want to do with it. So I think I will make a trip to the JD dealer as soon as I can with my checkbook and see if I can get him to come down below $15,750. He is already $1,000 cheaper than another JD dealer in another town so don't know how much I can get him to come down.

/ John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help #33  
Good Luck! I think you're making a good choice! I wish I could have afforded a new tractor.

/ John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help #34  
No doubt the 1026R is a very nice SCUT; lots of really good features.

/ John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help #35  
I don't think you will be dissapointed with a SCUT. A CUT would also be a good choice. Compared to a regular riding mower, you will smile the first time you use it, it will feel like a luxury item.

I don't think anyone answered your question on how long it take to take off the FEL or the mower. The first time I took either off, probably took 20 minutes. The second time 10 minutes. Now it takes me less than 5 for the FEL, on or off. The mower deck, maybe 5 minutes to take off, 5 to 10 minutes to put it on.

/ John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help
I took someone's advice and explained to the wife why I should spend the extra money on the 1026 instead of buying a used Kubota 2660. She was worried about buying one used might be getting someone else's problems, the transmission fan and filter problems on the 2660, and the nice thing about the JD auto connect deck etc. I have a feeling once I get it I will never get to mow the yard again my teenage son and my wife will be fighting over who gets to use it. I will only get to use it to do other work. Plus I told my wife I would buy used brush hog instead of spending $1,200 on a new one.

/ John Deere 2305 or Kubota 2660 please help #37  
I bought a used brush hog for about $125, and spent a little bit of money on getting it welded. To be honest, its a piece of crap, but I don't use it as often as I thought I would. In three years, I've used it for maybe 6 hours total. It really hard in my area to find a 4 wide bursh hog.