John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order
I was in the same situation Dave was in with the options requirements. I had to get the E-Hydro if I wanted a cab. I may have made a mistake in my order because I didn't include the Auto Cruise feature. I was not informed by my dealer. I have learned more about this particular feature since I placed my order. I believe I will be able to install this later myself if I am not satisfied with the standard cruise.

IMO, I don't believe JD will phase out the PR transmission since a lot of new buyers are not familiar with the hydro's. I guess time will tell.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #12  
Clint, I installed the upgraded cruise myself and it was only a matter of removing the standard switch and replacing it along with an additional switch or two. Pretty much plug and play, for the $100 bucks it is worth it. Most of accessories like this are boxed separately and are ordered up by the dealer to install when your tractor arrives. So, I don't see where adding this to the order would be an issue.

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve. My tractor should be here Thursday so I'm going to call my dealer tomorrow and have the auto cruise ordered. It should arrive by the time I get the tractor. I'm still debating whether to perform the radio installation myself. I know the dealer could do all of these things but I enjoy small projects like this. I figure it will help me learn a lot about the tractor.

Does the auto cruise kit come with tech instructions?

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #14  
........ I'm still debating whether to perform the radio installation myself. I know the dealer could do all of these things but I enjoy small projects like this. I figure it will help me learn a lot about the tractor.

If you install the radio yourself, be careful you don't damage the roof seals when removing and installing the roof top. Damaged seals will affect the efficiency of the AC and heating system. Don't ask how I know. It's been thoroughly documented here on TBN.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #15  
The auto cruise comes with instructions, very easy to do.

As mentioned above the radio install may get more hairy, it isn't that the radio is complex but there have been many people here with sealing problems for the ducts.

Now being a retired broadcast engineer, I don't need a freakin radio.

Steve

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #16  
any chance of getting pictures before you get your new tractor dirty?:D

Went by the dealer yesterday on my day off and was disappointed to find out that for some reason my order was frozen. It was supposed to be received on 11/12. Dealer has not found out what the problem is. Kind of ironic, I only live 60 miles from where my tractor is being built in Augusta, Georgia. Been waiting since 09/25 when I placed my order. I plan to take photos when I do receive it. Hopefully by the end of next week.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #18  
Went by the dealer yesterday on my day off and was disappointed to find out that for some reason my order was frozen. It was supposed to be received on 11/12. Dealer has not found out what the problem is. Kind of ironic, I only live 60 miles from where my tractor is being built in Augusta, Georgia. Been waiting since 09/25 when I placed my order. I plan to take photos when I do receive it. Hopefully by the end of next week.

Did you get it yet?

I thought JD CUT's were built in Japan? Or is it just the engine?

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #19  
just the engines are built in japan but they are good engines

Deereboy72/Karl2 - Still no 3520 with cab. I went by the dealer yesterday and he has received a shipping order number. Should be in next week. Dealer has the auto cruise kit, imatch, and loader ready for installation when the tractor is received. I have been put on a temporary assignment with Operations Oversight at work that requires some long hours. I may have to work through the holiday this week so I might not be able close the deal until the first week of December. My dealer is a great guy and has provided great service with my 4310. I know the delay is not his fault. I will take as many photos as I can when it gets here. Any particular shots you all would like to see?