John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #21  
RE: I-Match. Dealer probably forgot to mention this. The "Hooks" on the I-Match are sized for Cat 2?? and you need a bushing kit to make Cat 1 implements fit properly. The bushings install with spring clips, so changing from one implement to the other isn't ideal. If I recall, a set of Bushings is in $50 - $60 range.

If you actually plan to use it see if you can get the dealer to throw in one or more Bushing Sets.

Took 2 months for my 3320 to come.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #22  
I had a New Holland TC 45 DA with a hydro. I didn't like the whinning noise of the hydro or the power it took when using the loader. This machine had 45 hp so it should have performed well. I traded it on a TC 55 with a power shuttle. This thing has twice the power and I love the feel of the solid gear system. There is also a huge difference in fuel usage.
I also have a 4110 Deere for lawn maint. I recently added a loader and run into the same problem. The hydro whine, fuel usage, and lack of good old wheel spin. I like the 60" mmm and plan to add a grass catching system. The hydro is great for cutting lawn but I would never replace my 55 with one.
I never had a use for a cab due to the limited visibility and tree dodging in the woods. I would like to fabricate one for the Deere with removable doors. I bet they are great in the winter season.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #23  
I beg to disagree. This has been discussed many times and there are many different opinions, but I much prefer the PR transmission: great for loader work, more HP to the wheels and PTOs ... Hydro transmissions seem better suited for lawn-mowers needing to go very near obstacles.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #24  
I beg to disagree. This has been discussed many times and there are many different opinions, but I much prefer the PR transmission: great for loader work, more HP to the wheels and PTOs ... Hydro transmissions seem better suited for lawn-mowers needing to go very near obstacles.

Phil, you are such a strong advocate of the PR transmission I am curious what problems you have had with the ehydro transmissions.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #25  
coglesby
your probably gonna get pictures of the operators station anyways but i want to see how nice it is and the view from inside the cab im going to my local dealer Monday to get a free hat since i subscribed for the emails on deals of the equipment :D

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #26  
Phil, you are such a strong advocate of the PR transmission I am curious what problems you have had with the ehydro transmissions.

No real problem, I lived without PR or eHydro for several decades. When I had to think about replacing my 1960 Massey 35, I finally came to JD because they had an incorporated loader valve, a middle PTO and were ready for many implements (like Kubota, but better in my humble opinion). I narrowed my choice to the 3x20 series and I thought I wanted a 3720. The only place I ever drove a car with a hydro automatic gear box was in the USA. I found it had poor performance in spite of its very powerful engine. When I went to the dealer for a test drive here, I found the brakes on the hydro models were on the left side of the tractor. This seemed terribly dangerous to me, I was sure to do the wrong thing in an emergency. The figures also confirmed a lot of HP were lost in translation on the hydro models. To crown it all, the dealer trying to persuade me to go with the more expensive machine and demonstrating the manoeuvrability of ehydros knocked over enormous flower pots on their lot. So I gave up the idea of the 3720 and bought the 3520 last June. The PR has really changed my life and made my tractoring much more fun.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #27  
Phil,
I have had all types of transmissions in tractors you mentioned and like you had no experience with the e hydro. When I was buying a backhoe in 2005 I questioned the choice of transmissions for the 110tlb. I took the saleman up on his offer to try it for 3 days to see what I thought after using it. At the end of the three days I was sold and ordered a fully loaded 110 and Laurin cab. I have about 600 hours on it now and can say it has been an excellent choice.

I respect your opinions especially in areas of your expertise and have enjoyed looking through the pictures you have submitted. I do feel you are lacking enough experience with the e hydro to form much of an opinion of them.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #28  
When I went to the dealer for a test drive here, I found the brakes on the hydro models were on the left side of the tractor. This seemed terribly dangerous to me, I was sure to do the wrong thing in an emergency.

These tractors have a max speed of about 15mph and the worst you can do in an emergency is hit the reverse pedal instead of the brake, which will stop the machine anyway. In any case I hardly ever use the brakes despite doing a lot of road travel because compression is so high, lifting your foot from the forward or reverse pedal amounts to braking especially in MFWD mode.

/ John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order
Here are the pics of my new 3520 with cab.

Attachments

• New 3520 112709.jpg
    New 3520 112709.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 2,568
  • New 3520-3 112709.jpg
    New 3520-3 112709.jpg
    518.5 KB · Views: 759
  • New 3520-4 112709.jpg
    New 3520-4 112709.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • New 3520-7 112709.jpg
    New 3520-7 112709.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 1,550
   / John Deere 3520 with Cab on Order #30  
Clint,
Very nice setup you have there, looks like a good base to start from with the QA fel and IMatch. Enjoy your new tractor.