John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740?

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #22  
Kubota is the most under powered over rated tractor ive ever ran. Just MHO.

:shocked:That may be seem as total heresy on here...like spitting on baby Jesus :laughing:

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #23  
:shocked:That may be seem as total heresy on here...like spitting on baby Jesus :laughing:

Nah. Silverbeast can like or dislike any brand he wants, and most folks - even most Kub owners - are all in favor of that. If everybody wanted the exact same thing, there would only be one brand of whatever to choose from. Hopefully the Kub bunch is grown up enough to take a bit of friendly ribbing like yours, Diesel, and maybe even reply in the same, friendly manner. After all, opinions are like, well you know. Everyone has one. :)

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #24  
Nah. Silverbeast can like or dislike any brand he wants, and most folks - even most Kub owners - are all in favor of that. If everybody wanted the exact same thing, there would only be one brand of whatever to choose from. Hopefully the Kub bunch is grown up enough to take a bit of friendly ribbing like yours, Diesel, and maybe even reply in the same, friendly manner. After all, opinions are like, well you know. Everyone has one. :)

Pretty much, I have been known to kid around a bit with people about their mistaken beliefs too:)

I have a Massey Ferguson that spends more time broken down than running, but looked at some not long ago. I am not going to judge an entire brand on one model. Dealer support sucks around here, so I probably won't buy one, but not because I don't think a MF is a bad tractor. I also own a Case and a couple of old Fords and John Deere. When I buy a new one, I will make the rounds again to see which is the right one for me and my needs at that time.

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #25  

lol, I know there are some that would get a little rattled but i had to tell the truth. :laughing: They are made for landscaping and thats about it. But anyway to the OP make sure you buy what you really want. It will save you alot of money and headache on down the road. good luck ;)

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #26  
Matt if you have the time check out the NH tractors. I just traded my Kubota L4330 in on a T4330. Best move ive ever made and wished i would have never layed eyes on the Kubota. I know the two tractors are not even in the same ballpark but the Kubota is the most under powered over rated tractor ive ever ran. Just MHO.

The initial set up by a dealer is the most important part of the tractors operation. I've seen them fail before but I've also seen them be completely successful. It's interesting selling both to hear of your issues.

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #27  
The initial set up by a dealer is the most important part of the tractors operation. I've seen them fail before but I've also seen them be completely successful. It's interesting selling both to hear of your issues.

That is true and i know some people who love their Kubota's. But mine never impressed me at all. A 2 bottom plow would walk it all over the field and it would bog pulling a 20 disk pick up harrow and bog pulling a 6' rotary tiller. I cussed that tractor every time i used it. To top it all off, it blew up after 300 hrs and the dealer did not want to stand behind it. They lied to me, failed to return my calls and gave me nothing but bullshit for almost 6 months before i got it fixed. When i called and did get someone on the line i was told it was my tractor and I was free to fix it. Anyway as you can tell im DONE with them and will never give them a good review. As of now i have talked 4 people from buying one.:D I hope you guys never have a major issue out of yours....

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #28  
That is true and i know some people who love their Kubota's. But mine never impressed me at all. A 2 bottom plow would walk it all over the field and it would bog pulling a 20 disk pick up harrow and bog pulling a 6' rotary tiller. I cussed that tractor every time i used it. To top it all off, it blew up after 300 hrs and the dealer did not want to stand behind it. They lied to me, failed to return my calls and gave me nothing but bullshit for almost 6 months before i got it fixed. When i called and did get someone on the line i was told it was my tractor and I was free to fix it. Anyway as you can tell im DONE with them and will never give them a good review. As of now i have talked 4 people from buying one.:D I hope you guys never have a major issue out of yours....

I have had ongoing problems with my John Deere, but certainly don't judge all of them by my experience with this one tractor. Same with my Massey Ferguson; we won't even talk about my Case.

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #29  

It sounds like they forgot what a dealer is supposed to do or be!

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #30  
I have had ongoing problems with my John Deere, but certainly don't judge all of them by my experience with this one tractor. Same with my Massey Ferguson; we won't even talk about my Case.

I tried not to and if they would have stood behind it and took care of me like they should have, it would be different. I know they all have problems but the customer service is what makes the biggest difference.

It sounds like they forgot what a dealer is supposed to do or be!

That is putting it lightly. **** i asked for a replacement tractor to use while they decided IF they were going to fix it or not and the dealer lied to me and said he didnt have ANY on the lot i could use. Keep in mind they had atleast 15 used tractors on the lot.:mad: