John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740?

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #31  
Sounds like that experience gave you just a little bit of "attitude" against Kubota. Sorry to hear it... most people find them to be good equipment. I don't know the NH model numbers well, but is your new one a 4030? That's an 80hp ag machine... your Kubota was about 40hp, and not really an ag unit. If your use involves enough tillage to justify that big NH, it sounds like someone sold you the wrong orange machine, which might be a factor in why it didn't work out. Anyhow, I hope your new equipment does the job for you.

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #32  
I tried not to and if they would have stood behind it and took care of me like they should have, it would be different. I know they all have problems but the customer service is what makes the biggest difference.

That is putting it lightly. **** i asked for a replacement tractor to use while they decided IF they were going to fix it or not and the dealer lied to me and said he didnt have ANY on the lot i could use. Keep in mind they had atleast 15 used tractors on the lot.:mad:

It sounds more like a dealer problem than a Kubota "quality" problem. My Kubota dealer handles both New Holland and Kubota, so you are going to get the same level of service regardless what you buy. The Kubota dealer equidistant to my south handles Case and I never go to them for anything.

As I said, I have had ongoing problems with my John Deere and it was not fixed under warranty, so now I am paying for the repairs. This does not make me bitter towards John Deere and I never try to talk anyone out of buying one; I recommend them even.

I don't even want to talk about my Massey Ferguson dealer, but have nothing against their tractors.

All I can say is I am on my third Kubota and have really liked them all. Good luck with your new tractor.

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #33  
Sounds like that experience gave you just a little bit of "attitude" against Kubota. Sorry to hear it... most people find them to be good equipment. I don't know the NH model numbers well, but is your new one a 4030? That's an 80hp ag machine... your Kubota was about 40hp, and not really an ag unit. If your use involves enough tillage to justify that big NH, it sounds like someone sold you the wrong orange machine, which might be a factor in why it didn't work out. Anyhow, I hope your new equipment does the job for you.

I guess that's a fair assessment ;). Yes the new one is a 4030 and the reason i bought that size Kubota is i was only using it for food plots and some light bush hogging. I thought it would be plenty of tractor but after using it i found out that it is way to light to do any plowing even though it was only a 2 bottom plow. Now i have about 25 acres to bush hog and still do the food plots (about 5 acres) and i raise about 20 acres of corn. That is why i went that much bigger. I needed something that would get the job done alot faster. Anyway sorry for the rant...... goodnight. :)

/ John Deere 4720 Cab w/400CX vs Kubota L5740? #34  
I have 2 NH tractors a compact and a Boomer 4060 Utility.
I looked at the Deere and the Kubota.... The Kubota are not as stout as the NH. Th Deere are priced slightly higher for similar machines.
I am an Engineer by education but by no means an expert on tractors, but I can recognize some basic design elements that go beyond the consumer commercials on TV...
I like the NH and have had great luck with their products. It also helps that the dealer support is teriffic

Good luck

Johno Geo