John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start
You are very knowledgeable and I appreciate your generosity in sharing your information. I will re-read your post several times and get to work.

In the meantime, I should mention one oddity. The very last time I ran this tractor (a couple weeks ago), when I finished my work, I did something I usually don't do.

I stopped the tractor, but immediately decided that I wanted to move the tractor to a different place, so I turned the key to start it again. But the engine had not completely stopped yet, so when I turned the key it immediately started up again without me having to crank it.

Obviously, I had turned the key too soon. Anyway, I moved the tractor and shut it down. The next time I tried to start it, it wouldn't start. Do you think that may be a coincidence, or did that action cause this?

Anyway, I will look into the fuel next.

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #22  
Your welcome and I am happy to help. I had help from a neighbor on how to operate my tractor, so just pasting that help along.

I do not have knowledge in that area, but I would say no.

It should have ran after you unplugged the sensor, since the bad sensor was just blowing the fuse. Since it ran for just a short period says to me it is a fuel issue. I do not recall you saying if it was smoking, when you tired to start it up. If it does not smoke again points to not getting fuel.

You may already know this, but do not run the starter for more then 20seconds. Big money to replace a starter.

The following is a manual you may want to download on the engine.

http://www.visaevolution.com/dati_sito/manuali/officina/motori/john deere/ctm125-3029-ENG.pdf

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start
I uncapped the bottom of the fuel tank and clean diesel came out. Then I went and shut off the fuel, and took the filter off and emptied it. Put the filter back on and opened the bottom of it and brownish colored liquid flowed out. When that was done I closed it up and bled the system following the procedure in the manual.

It was easier to do than I thought it would be.

Once the fuel was clear (no more air) I tightened it back up and started the tractor!!!! :thumbsup:

It's now out there purring away, calling my name. It's impatient to get back to work and so am I, and now we can thanks to your help. Thank you again kind sir! :)

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #24  
Thanks for let me know how things turned out.

I also good to hear when it is a happy ending!

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #26  
With a good subject title like this, and the good information provided along with the results, means this thread will likely help many others that have a similar problem and do a TBN search on the subject. Well done in many ways.

:drink:

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #27  
Yep, since I have a 5210 I have been following very closely. I do have all the factory manuals but reading a problem solution is a lot quicker than digging through a thick manual.

Good job JD5210

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #28  
Did you fix your problem yet. If not, try disconnecting the lead that goes from the injector pump solenoed to the thermostat and then replace the 20amp fuse. It should start, if so, the thermostat or the cold start switch is bad.

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #29  
Interest Mahonybee, I direct you to this thread to solve your problem from the thread you posted on your 5103. You indicated that my answer fixed your problem on your 5103, then instead of reading this thread completely you post the same answer I gave you earlier in this thread?

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #30  
Hi JD5210 - I have a JD 5310 4WD that won't start. The 20 amp fuse labeled "fuel shut off solenoid" keeps blowing. I followed the "John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start" thread and noticed that you said in post #14 "In case you need it here is a wiring diagram for the 5210/5310" but I did not see a link. I intend to follow your instructions in the thread but would like to have the wiring diagram. Thanks!