John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #31  

Attachments

• 5210wiring.jpg
    5210wiring.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 1,653
   / John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #32  
Hello I'm having the same problem. After changing oil, tried to start but it just turn and turn wouldn't start. I have a John Deere 4710. Any help would be appreciated.

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #33  
Hello I'm having the same problem. After changing oil, tried to start but it just turn and turn wouldn't start. I have a John Deere 4710. Any help would be appreciated.

You might want to start a new thread, stating your "4710 won't start, but will turnover". This will get you more attention.

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #34  
hello again. I rechecked the fuses and found one blown fuse, replaced it and started right up.

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #35  
Seems JD has a few models with the same issue with the part shorting out. My 5525 did same thing and was fortunate enough a friend said real quick what the problem is. I think that part fits a few models for turf tractor dealership had the part for my much larger tractor than they sold.

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #36  
the tractor has a temp sensor on the block that gets its power from the fuel pump, the sensor goes bad as a dead short this is what is blowing your fuse. I disconnected it's power from the fuel pump replaced the fuse it works fine.

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #37  
Seems JD has a few models with the same issue with the part shorting out. My 5525 did same thing and was fortunate enough a friend said real quick what the problem is. I think that part fits a few models for turf tractor dealership had the part for my much larger tractor than they sold.

One would think JD engineers would have determined why the cold start sensor shorts out because that's been happening for abut twenty(20) years!!!!

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #38  
2005 blown fuse for fuel shut off solenoid,tractor turns over,not starting,power to purple wire on fuel pump,cold start on thermostat shows circuit Thru device,normally closed,thru solenoid shows normally closed.Trying to figure out two wires on top of pump,under one screw seem to be problem?At Jd dealer yesterday,price on new fuel shut off solenoid 624. YIKES

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #39  
There is a cold start devise on the bottom of the injection pump that gets its signal from a sensor at the thermostat neck.. the sensor goes bad and blows the shut off solenoid fuse..
Follow the wires from the bottom of the injection pump to a connector.. UNPLUG THE CONNECTOR AND REPLACE THE FUSE..
The unplugged connector won’t have any effect on the starting.. UNLESS u live in a colder climate.. in which case you’ll need to replace the sensor in the thermostat neck..
I hope that helps..

/ John Deere 5310 turns over fine but won't start #40  
There is a cold start devise on the bottom of the injection pump that gets its signal from a sensor at the thermostat neck.. the sensor goes bad and blows the shut off solenoid fuse..
Follow the wires from the bottom of the injection pump to a connector.. UNPLUG THE CONNECTOR AND REPLACE THE FUSE..
The unplugged connector won’t have any effect on the starting.. UNLESS u live in a colder climate.. in which case you’ll need to replace the sensor in the thermostat neck..
I hope that helps..
Thanks will try in am.So the sensor at the thermostat neck should not have continuity thru the two wires?