John Deere LA 135 won't stay running

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #21  
all solved!. they are STILL using Plastic needle valves, which is totally ABSURD!!.. replace those with the new stainless steel needle valves,(rebuild kit) and the problem is solved!!.. >2018< btw.. it seems they have NOT learned yet!!.. another thing is the idler pulleys don't have fully sealed bearings, so, once water gets in them from washing the deck, they seize up, and fry the belt!.. of course, JD knew about this, and the new idlers have fully sealed bearings!!.. and also, because of bad paint prep, the underside of the tractor rusts out!.. once all these are fixed, it's a good tractor..

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #22  
Welcome to the forum. Not to burst your bubble but those bearings are not going to stay sealed. Water has no place on the deck to begin with. To care for the top of the deck after mowing, use a gloved hand or air. Water will contribute to the deck brakes seizing. Your deck's underside is really a crude sand blaster and unfortunately any finish won't stand up for ever. Grass stuck to the deck plus fertilizers contribute to the rusting away of the deck housing. Scrape the deck especially during longer periods of storage. 10 minutes to rnr the deck, flip it over and clean it up good or put it up on a lift. Treat the deck with fluid film or modeck.

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #23  
it WAS a mistake to wash the deck, but as far as the bearings not staying sealed, I have old machinery using fully sealed bearings, and never had the seals go bad, unless the bearings went bad from very old age, or very long use. JD shipped the tractor with shielded bearings, not fully sealed, but the replacements were fully sealed. and the paint I was talking about flaking off is under the foot rests!.. the body of the tractor.. I read somewhere that was a problem of poor prep work at the factory, not cleaning the oils off the steel before painting. I'm not sure if JD got on the ball yet..

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #24  
That could be. I don't notice much delamination on the body, just the decks. One thing about TBN , they like threads on restoration. Good way to get your feet wet in the forums. :)

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #25  
That could be. I don't notice much delamination on the body, just the decks. One thing about TBN , they like threads on restoration. Good way to get your feet wet in the forums. :)
actually, if I had my way, I'd restore an International Harvester Cub Cadet, may be a 107, I repaired one for a lucky guy that had one.. THAT is a REAL Garden tractor ++..(front loader and back hoe capable)..

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #26  
Until the cub cadets were MTD built, maybe so..

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #27  
Hello everyone, I just finished cleaning the carb out but I believe I put the choke and throttle linkage connectors back onto the manifold incorrectly. Does anyone have a picture they can post? The motor is running full out at any throttle position. I think I may have flipped the linkage around so that either it is pulling the lever too much or not enough.
Thanks all.

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #28  
Hello everyone, I just finished cleaning the carb out but I believe I put the choke and throttle linkage connectors back onto the manifold incorrectly. Does anyone have a picture they can post? The motor is running full out at any throttle position. I think I may have flipped the linkage around so that either it is pulling the lever too much or not enough.
Thanks all.

Always, I mean ALWAYS take photos of the linkage or at least make a sketch. Sorry I can't help with a photo, but now you are prepared for the next time.

Richard

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #30  
Thank you Richard - the engine isn't an exact match but similar and there were a few pictures to ensure that I have the bottom of the linkage correct. However the top near the intake manifold I can't be certain that I have it connected correctly. I feel like I may have spun the linkage around the governor stopper once or twice on accident and may not have it set correctly. I'll try and take a picture this afternoon and post to see if anyone has any thoughts.
thanks!