John Deere LA 135 won't stay running

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #31  
Thank you Richard - the engine isn't an exact match but similar and there were a few pictures to ensure that I have the bottom of the linkage correct. However the top near the intake manifold I can't be certain that I have it connected correctly. I feel like I may have spun the linkage around the governor stopper once or twice on accident and may not have it set correctly. I'll try and take a picture this afternoon and post to see if anyone has any thoughts.
thanks!
looking at the top of the carburetor, with the engine off, there will be the "butterfly" for the choke, when you have the choke control full on, that will be closed, at full choke position, and totally open at choke off position.. with the choke fully open, you'll see a second "butterfly" that is the throttle, and it should be nearly fully closed with the throttle in idle position, and nearly fully open in full speed position. the governor HAS TO be properly connected, else you can destroy the engine by over revving it.. possibly even sending lethal parts, like a part of the flywheel into the operator.. so make sure that is operating properly!.. it needs to regulate the speed at 3600 rpm by closing down the throttle "butterfly"..

/ John Deere LA 135 won't stay running #32  
Thanks Radios, I took everything apart and corrected the linkages as well as corrected the governor (which I had adjusted not knowing what I was doing - causing the engine to run very high rpm). Appreciate everyone's assistance.