Price Check John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #191  
Interesting discussion. Not sure if any of this will help but when I bought my old tractor in 2008 I shopped all over the 5 state area around me and found the best deal I could get which happened to be close to home. I paid $1000 less than the lowest price I found anywhere else. After signing the papers I told the dealer he was $1000 less and I asked him why. At the time he was just trying to expand from large tractor sales into CUTS and had cut his profit. I figured I got a good price. The way I'm looking at this deal is that regardless of what I paid for the old one, I just got a whole setup that is 3 years newer, a new warranty, and all I paid out of pocket was $500. I essentially used my old tractor for 3 years (400 hours) at a cost of $500 and they gave me a new one in exchange for my old one. I sure could have just sold my old tractor myself and bought the new one and kept the rebate myself. But I would have had to do the selling and made sure I sold it for no more than $3000 less than what I paid new. That would have been about 18% less than I paid new. Not sure if I could have made that happen and if so how much time would I have to work at selling it? I still figure the dealer did me a huge favor by offering this deal and the best thing is that he's doing all the work and taking all the risk. And he is betting he can still make money, again his risk, not mine. The dealer did tell me that he was working hard to get more "points" with JD so he could keep his CUT franchise. So regardless of why this happened I'm happy, and I know you are all happy for me so thanks. BTW, I think he's still looking for one or two more used 2520's in good shape. I really do enjoy reading all the thoughts and speculation since the world of sales is foreign to me. P.S. another interesting point. By the time I did all the necessary maintenance that would have been due on my old machine I figure I would have spent over $400 in the next few months. I don't have to do any of this on the new machine. Another reason this was a good deal for me.

No explanations necessary.

Those of us that understand machinery, and trade in costs, would love to fall into a deal like yours.

If I can run my Massey, for 4 years, and accumulate 400 hours on it, THEN get a brand new tractor for just over 500 bucks.................don't dare get in my way............my 150lb butt is gonna knock you over getting to the dealer............That's a promise!!!!!...........and I don't care who you are...............you are goin down!

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #192  
You could not have purchased a full coverage extended coverage for your 2008 for $500 to equal what you got in the deal. :thumbsup:

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #193  
You could not have purchased a full coverage extended coverage for your 2008 for $500 to equal what you got in the deal. :thumbsup:

I agree! Congratulations, I would make the deal myself, just as cautious as you did. I guess the amount of depreciation can also depend on how much one pays close to/above retail.

I am really happy for you that your deal worked out- power to the people.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #194  
Deals like this are always going to be debated. The real factor is that the deal was GOOD for the OP. He likes the deal and the new tractor. Having all new attachments is also a plus.

My wife recently traded her car in for a nice deal. She had a car with 128,000+ miles that needed some repairs. She was able to trade for a new car with a 100,000 mile warranty. She had to give a down payment of $900. However, she was looking at $1,000+ in repairs.

She now has a new car with a warranty that gives almost double the mileage of her old one and is paying about $15 less a month in payments. True, she now has longer to pay then was left on the old one, but the new car does not need repairs.

Tractor deals are the same way. They are out there and can be located if you look (or as was the case of the OP - offered). There are many ways to explain them, but the fact is, if the deal is good for the one who got it ... that is what counts.

Congrats on the deal - enjoy the new tractor AND the new attachments.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #195  
WOW! I read all 20 pages of skepticism and wild theories about how this deal was impossible and the OP should be wary of being taken by the dealer who had sold him 2 other tractors previous to offering him a deal that is completely understandable and makes sense to anyone in the OP's situation.
First of all it defies logic that an established dealer of 40 years would attempt to 'burn' and already established repeat customer by offering him a bogus deal.
Second, the dealer would not be offering a deal like this unless they had good reason and it would benefit both the customer and the dealer in some way. Manufacturers of whatever product want to have their dealers making sales of new equipment, widgets, whatever. Dealers want to keep their sales numbers where they need to be to not loose their franchises. Customers want great deals and this in turn creates brand loyalty. Some potential new customers or repeat old customers want to buy used if they choose to, or new if they so desire. Dealer makes money on both ends and that's largely why their salesmen come to work. Wheels go round money changes hands and everyone is happy as the economy stumbles along until better times come around, hopefully.
Op gets brand new machine with no hours, longer warranty, brand new implements and some improvements on tractor and implements.
What's not to like?:cool::D

Congrats to OP for being a smart consumer and knowing when to buy and what he's getting for his $5xx.xx

We should all be as fortunate as this OP.:thumbsup::D

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer
I just noticed that my dealer advertises on this site. Not sure how those adds work if only people in my area see them or if you all see them. The dealer is Midwest Machinery and a little add pops up in the upper right of the page. They've sure treated me great. Maybe they read these threads? I sure would if I was a tractor salesman. I've been checking their web site that has a list of used inventory and my old tractor hasn't shown up yet. I wonder if they already have it sold. I'll be talking to them some time soon so maybe l'll ask.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer
I just looked at the add closer and I see it must be a JD corporate add which somehow knows where you are and lists a dealer near you. Cute. I'm not sure I want to know how much "they" know about me.

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #198  
I just looked at the add closer and I see it must be a JD corporate add which somehow knows where you are and lists a dealer near you. Cute. I'm not sure I want to know how much "they" know about me.
They are watching you now, and probably listening also.

They can tell you how many times you used the 'potty' today.

And they definitely know how many 'cookies' you consumed recently.:laughing::laughing:

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #199  
Don't forget the hidden camera in the dash. Remember to smile while driving your tractor. LOL

/ John Deere unbelievable trade-in offer #200  
It works off the IP address of your computer or router. That is how other computers know where to download data to you. Each one is unique and can be narrowed down to a geographic area with simple software. Your Internet provider can match your IP address with your customer info and know exactly where you are located. Google or other ad software simply looks at the IP address and inserts the dealer closest to you into the add.