Comparison John Deere versus Kubota

/ John Deere versus Kubota #11  
I too have both. I've gone back and forth between them. My last purchase was a JD because the cab in a 100 hp size is far larger in the JD. Can't say that I've ever regretted buying either brand. Resale has been amazing with both. I'm not sure you can do it now, but on several occasions I bought one new and then sold it for more two or three years later! I think the economy has halted the rather large annual price increases they had then that allowed those great deals for me.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #12  
Problems with the Orange/Blue dealer, treated fairly by the Green one..........says eepete

My local kubota dealer isn't exactly people friendly, to be kind.... says ironhand

The kubota dealer made me feel like I was a 12 year old kicking tires....says spudland_dave

And my own dealings with a orange/blue dealer twit.....:D

Hmmmmm...... pattern emerging here? A top notch tractor... hung by its sales/managers? Dealer is very big part of tractor purchase decisions.

It is also said a good sales person could sell ice to an Eskimo....

/ John Deere versus Kubota #13  
Problems with the Orange/Blue dealer, treated fairly by the Green one..........says eepete

My local kubota dealer isn't exactly people friendly, to be kind.... says ironhand

The kubota dealer made me feel like I was a 12 year old kicking tires....says spudland_dave

Hmmmmm...... pattern emerging here? A top notch tractor... hung by its sales/managers? Dealer is very big part of tractor purchase decisions.

May want to add service department to this list. Local Orange dealer sales people are great, most of the mechanics are great, service manager has lost them business though.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #14  
I agree: Dealer, Dealer, Dealer.

I went with JD, partly because the local Kubota dealer did not impress me. Partly because I liked the HST and Kubota didn't have it on the L-39.

Well, a couple of years later, the local Kubota dealer went out of business. Apparently a few other people agreed with my assessment.

Now think about that for a while. If you buy from a dealer who doesn't treat his customers right, and they desert him, he may go out of business. Now you have to go quite a ways down the road to get service from a dealer who didn't sell you the machine. I'm sure some people have a good experience with that, but if I had to place a bet it would be on the "bad experience" square.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #15  
The closest to the 770 would actually be into the Cub Cadet line-up! The 770 was built by Yanmar unlike much of the deere line-up is today. They are known for building quality products that last.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #16  
The closest to the 770 would actually be into the Cub Cadet line-up! The 770 was built by Yanmar unlike much of the deere line-up is today. They are known for building quality products that last.

The 3005 (formerly 790) is still built by Yanmar. I'm pretty sure most the other Deere CUTs are too...except for the larger 4xxx machines (they use Deere engines). All the others have Yanmar engines.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #17  

Add another one to the list. I am going to purchase very soon and will be looking in other towns as the local (and only) Orange dealer (who also sells NH) acted like he could care less if I bought from the second I walked in the store. I spent about 5 minutes there and left, never to return.

It sure does seem to have a certain pattern, doesn't it?

/ John Deere versus Kubota #18  
Dkostiha- dealer, dealer, dealer. I don't want to be pinned as a Kubota/NH dealer slammer, I could just see a common occurrence that was happening. I hear nothing but good about messicks, a Kubota/ NH dealer, and fellow TBN'er. If I wanted to drive 80 miles out of my way for a tractor, I could have delt with a down right friendly, no stuff kubota/NH dealer. But then at the same time, I read the same non-sales making attitude even right here on tbn from another "blue" blooded individual peddling NH. Just an observation:D

/ John Deere versus Kubota #19  
I have a Kubota L4310 HST, bought used that I've been happy with - It could be a little heavier though. Hydrostatic is very nice when doing loading or snow-pushing back-and-forth work.

Did you look at a NH model? I'd consider them too, depending on reputation of local dealer. Platform and cab layouts are spacious.

As others have said, dealer support is primary - I've had good and bad experiences with dealers. BTW, I bought my used Kubota from a Massey delaer and implements too; hydraulic circuit work and Salsco sale and support by a local NH dealer was very responsive (Keats in Keene, NH).

/ John Deere versus Kubota #20  
dkostiha ... WELCOME TO TBN:D

You are in Austin, I'm in Jarrell. You are invited to come visit, drive my HST tractor, see my equipment and how it fits together and we can talk about your needs, etc. Send me a PM and we can schedule a get together.

Lanford Equipment in Austin gets my complete vote of confidence as a Kubota dealer. Have been totally satisfied with them on the few occasions I have needed dealer assistance. They have been there for YEARS and there is a reason...they provide the service and support you need when you need it. They have willingly talked me thru problem solving via a phone call on a couple of occasions.