Comparison John Deere versus Kubota

/ John Deere versus Kubota #22  
Just wondering if someone can tell me anything about the jd 3005?

The 3005 is a Yanmar built tractor on a Deere design. It's been around in various forms for 20 years (give or take a year). Previous iterations have been the 670, 770 and the ever popular 790, so if you search for "790", you can read many many (perhaps hundreds) of posts on this machine.
It's a very basic tractor...emphasis on basic. No frills, manual non-synchro transmission (means you need to stop to shift gears) and the hydraulics aren't too strong, but are well suited to the tractor's size and weight (keeps the operator out of trouble). Now, it'll lift 90% of what most small farm or residential users will need to lift, but the specs aren't as good as newer designed tractors.
Very frugal with fuel and needs little maintenance other then greasing the fittings. Parts availability is extremely good, but you probably won't need many parts other then filters.
Good tractor for someone with 5-10 acres more or less who doesn't need a lot of frills or spend a lot of money. And, for being such an old design, it must still be pretty popular for Deere to keep selling it.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #23  
May want to add service department to this list. Local Orange dealer sales people are great, most of the mechanics are great, service manager has lost them business though.

I have the same problem here
My father was friends with the owner of the dealership for years but when AL of AL'S Kubota turned over the dealership to his son Roger it wasn't long we quit doing business there.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

With the way he has treated people alot quit going there and after he got rid of the service manger even more people quit them. :mad::p:p:p

The only people that go there are the ones who do so because he's the only game around the area or they have not been educated YET :rolleyes:

If they have the part i need and it cost 10 cents i will drive 100 miles and pay 10 dollars for the same part so do all my friends :D
But i'm not bitter LOL :D:D:D

/ John Deere versus Kubota #24  
Add another one to the list. I am going to purchase very soon and will be looking in other towns as the local (and only) Orange dealer (who also sells NH) acted like he could care less if I bought from the second I walked in the store. I spent about 5 minutes there and left, never to return.

It sure does seem to have a certain pattern, doesn't it?

Pattern? Your kidding right? You have heard from two or three members that prefer the JD dealer over NH/Kubota. Probably just as many that feel the other way.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #25  
I say buy a massey:D

/ John Deere versus Kubota #26  
The 3005 (formerly 790) is still built by Yanmar. I'm pretty sure most the other Deere CUTs are too...except for the larger 4xxx machines (they use Deere engines). All the others have Yanmar engines.

Deere is moving away from Yanmar with the purchase of a plant in China and one in India.

As soon as those engine will pass US emissions they will be replacing the Yanmar engines bing used in those chassis.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #27  
Deere is moving away from Yanmar with the purchase of a plant in China and one in India.

As soon as those engine will pass US emissions they will be replacing the Yanmar engines bing used in those chassis.

LOL...here we go with the "Deere is ditching Yanmar" urban legend thats been going around since 1998....

/ John Deere versus Kubota #28  

Maybe...but I doubt it. China tractors have way too many warranty issues for Deere to rely on.
Yanmar did sign a deal with Club Cadet though.
But like Dave wrote above...this rumor has been around for several years.

/ John Deere versus Kubota #29  
Awwww,,, the ole Green versus Orange discussion. :rolleyes:

I compare it to my teenage years dating two girls at the same time. When I'm with the "Green" girl she's the greatest and I can't imagine life without her. When I'm with the "Orange" girl she's the greatest and I can't imagine life without her. How does a guy make a decision with all this hormonal interference going on!!! :eek:

Being a green/orange owner I feel compelled to warn anyone thinking of this lifestyle, run while you can. These two girls will be the death of ya,,,, but what a way to go!!!! :D

/ John Deere versus Kubota #30  
Like TexasJohn, I too am in the Austin area (Liberty Hill) with 200 + acres near Lampasas... I bought an L2800, Hst, 4-wheel drive from Lanford in Marble falls over two years ago... I cannot say enough about either Lanford or the Kubota... I have worked the heck out of it (250+ hours) without an ounce of trouble.
I looked at and researched many tractors before making my decision and confess that with Kubota, there was one recurring complaint... no tool box! I figured at given the price difference and if that was their only complaint, I'd go with Kubota .... Maybe they are so good they don't need a tool box? :)
When I made the deal with Lanford, they installed a small tool box, loaded the tires (I have mesquite) and welded on two hooks onto the FEL at no charge.
My advice? Call Lanford and make a deal. Good luck.