John Deere vs Kubota

/ John Deere vs Kubota #21  
I’m sure glad my tractor has turning brakes. I use my Kubota M9000 to clean my poultry barns by pulling a machine that tills, lifts, and separates the good bedding (litter) from the bad litter which is called cake. It’s about the size of a manure spreader. One barn is 40’ wide so I have to get on the turning brakes to turn the tractor and litter machine around inside the building. They also come in handy when hooking up implements.

Eric

/ John Deere vs Kubota #22  
Interesting, I was thinking only of outdoor activities but you have a good point that manuverability in tight spaces, not just at the end of a field is also important. Learn somethin every day on this forum. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ John Deere vs Kubota #23  
I plow quiet a bit, but use my turning brakes more for getting into and out of tight places.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ....that ... lifts, and separates .... )</font>

What is it called? That sounds like an old ad for one brand of a woman's underwear. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ John Deere vs Kubota #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Don't most folks plow with 4wd and have sufficient weight on the front to keep the tires in contact with the road? )</font>

Nope, my B7800 has more power and lift ability than weight. I notice it alot when backdragging trying to smooth surfaces out.

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ John Deere vs Kubota #26  
<font color="blue"> That sounds like an old ad for one brand of a woman's underwear </font>

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ John Deere vs Kubota #27  
Turn Brakes also help you make slight adjustments while you are rototilling. Say if your rototiller is half buried in semi-wet loose topsoil and as you pulling your tiller, and it goes off course just a little bit. Hold one of the two brakes down and it will straighten the tractor out for you much better than your primary steering would, because of the loose soil condition. Yes even in 4WD.

I seriously use them all the time, to the point where you couldn't live without them. You get pretty advanced with them, and you learn much more finesse for using them in many different situations.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They are both great machines. Go with the best dealer period. You'll probably find not as much difference in price as you expect. The retail price on Deere's web site is certainly much higher than market price. Local dealer here is around 12% to 15% off on first quote. Good luck. Either machine is eye candy for me. I'm jealous. )</font>

Ditto. Both make a great machine. Both are exceptionally reliable. You won't be disappointed with either. BUT, the support you get from your dealer can make or break any deal. You're about to enter into a long relationship with a shop; make sure you feel comfortable with who you're dealing with.

I wanted a JD 4310 badly, but the dealer let me stand out in the lot for 45 minutes, ignoring my waves and "Can I ask you a few questions?" till I got disgusted and left. I noticed a long line at the service counter as well, with many dour faces. The Kubota dealer on the other hand greeted me like a long lost pal, spent hours with me going over the various tractors and listening to my intended uses. That left me with a very good feeling...and that's why I drive an orange tractor.

Pete

/ John Deere vs Kubota #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Don't most folks plow with 4wd and have sufficient weight on the front to keep the tires in contact with the road? )</font>

Nope, my B7800 has more power and lift ability than weight. I notice it alot when backdragging trying to smooth surfaces out.

Yes, he hits it on the head the big diff. between the two tractors you mention is about 1,000lbs. The Kubota is a much lighter tractor. No less rugged and reliable mind you - much better as a mowing tractor IMO because of it's lightweight. That said it's easy to make a lighter tractor heavier for jobs requiring weight but try to make a heavy tractor light. I too have found my B7800 has more engine than it does weight but I like it that way. I have front weights. I can make it as heavy as I want for pushing things. But when I mow, it is very easy on the turf. Get the Kubota for the less money if you plan on using it for 70% mowing get the Deere if your are doing 70% dirt work or snow removal.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #30  
Kubota...trust me.