John Deere vs Kubota

/ John Deere vs Kubota #31  
<font color="blue"> Kubota...trust me </font>

And why is that ???

/ John Deere vs Kubota #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That would be the deal breaker for me.. I don't like the foot pedals. TREDDLE + TURN BRAKES ON WRONG SIDE = NOPE NOT FOR ME PLEASE! If Kubota fixed this ergonomic issue, I would have considered buying one.... )</font>

I just bought a JD 4720 in November. The above issues, along with the turbo, are what basically made my decision. I was very impressed with the Kubota L5030 and thought it might actually be the more reliable machine. However, at my altitude (5800 feet), the turbo makes a big difference in actual horsepower.

I also did not like the Kubota pedals, but my guess is that you get used to whatever you use. And like others have mentioned, I couldn't see any possible way that you could use the turning brakes on the 'bota.

I thought I liked the Kubota "cruise control" better when I tested them, but after using my Deere, I really like how it works. Even without the automotive style cruse control upgrade, I can set the cruise and then tweak it down to precisely the speed I want. I can see how that would be very useful for applying fetilizer or other sprays in getting the precise speed.

Like others have said, I don't think you can really go wrong with either brand. I'm happy I bought Deere, but I don't know anybody that regrets buying a Kubota.

/ John Deere vs Kubota #33  
dewitt

did u buy yet?

/ John Deere vs Kubota #34  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Kubota...trust me. )</font>

We have a very nice community here partly because we old timers refuse to get drawn into arguments based on subjective opinions. If you have some objective findings to back up your claim, please share them. Otherwise, let go of the Ford vs Chevy stuff.

Pete

/ John Deere vs Kubota #35  
Different findings from different drivers. Since I always twist around and look back when I'm reversing, I find the Kubota pedal arrangement very comfortable. As I look over my right shoulder the right heel naturally hovers right over the rear end of that long treadle pedal. With separate pedals like the JD, I had to stretch out one leg to reach the reverse pedal...or not look back where I'm going.

Personal prefs.

Pete

/ John Deere vs Kubota #36  
I purchased a new little Subcut last year and for the most part I enjoyed the process. I climbed on and test drove just about every brand in the class I was looking at. I started w/a JD2210 an ended up w/a Kubota BX23. I liked all the models but settled on the BX23 for several reasons, I liked the tractor, I liked the dealer, he was one of the closest to me and the price was right at every elses best price. So far I've had 120 hrs w/no problems.

At 1st I didn't like the treadle pedal as much as the separate pedal setup but after getting used to it I much prefer the treadle pedal. It takes very little foot movement to change diections. This is great when mowing around obstacles.

As for the Kubota turning brakes being on the same side as the HST drive pedal well, I used to work an old 48 TE20 and when disc'ing and bush hogging I'd use the turning brakes frequently. I'd set the TE20 to the right RPM and select the right gear range then I wouldn't touch either for the duration of the task I was doing. Sort of like cruise control if'n you know what I mean.
When I wanted to "spin" a turn w/the turning brakes I'd simply stand on the brake on the side I wanted to spin. Did this for 16 yrs before I sold it without any problems. I figured that how it was supposed t work.

Now with the newer Kubota's wth turning brakes, the cruise control does the same thing as setting the throttle & gear range on a gear tractor. You set your working speed with the cruise/speed control then use your brakes to spin. Since you can only spin one way without releasing the speed control then thats how I'd plan my task.
I don't know why one would want to be useing both the turning brake AND the HST drive pedal at the same time, as letting up on the HST pedal also applies an internal brake to both axels! Besides thats what cruise or speed control is for on an HST....
Anyways just my humble opinion....
Good luck on your quest, enjoy it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Volfandt

/ John Deere vs Kubota #37  
I looked at both and researched extensively, and went with a JD 4410 because I thought the dealer would service it well. Probably spent about 3% than a comparable Kubota, but in the long run I think I'll make out with the better service. Haven't looked back and happy I made that choice.