John deere x728 or x748

/ John deere x728 or x748
Plus the x728 has electronic full injection to the fuel feeder line.

/ John deere x728 or x748 #12  
   / John deere x728 or x748
Sorry I am new did know you could edit post thank you.

/ John deere x728 or x748 #15  
I bought 12 lawn mowers from 1990 untill 2001 and everyone was a gas model. They were 318, 322, 425, and a 445. Then I bought a 455 with diesel engine. I was simply amased at the difference. I have bought 4 more diesels since then and never even considered going back to gas.

/ John deere x728 or x748 #16  
I have been very satisfied with the X749 so far and for your uses it may be a better choice. If you don't need the 7 iron deck or a 45 loader they don't fit.

Someone with more snow experience may chime in but the 4ws might manuever better with the front blower.
This thing uses very little diesel compared to my older gas mower. Not much difference in price between any of the X700 series.

/ John deere x728 or x748 #17  
I bought a X728 with a Curtiss cab, 647 tiller and 47'' snowblower new on Jan 5 2010.

I have videos of it snow blowing and tilling, and lots of other pictures on my website. I don't have a mower with it, I have a LT155 John Deere and walk behind for cutting grass.

This X728 is way more tractor then what I expected, I bought it because the John Deere dealer is only a few miles away, in case it needs to be worked on.

I never considered a diesel, one reason is I have never owned one, and I am ignorant on how to take care of a diesel.

Guys with diesel trucks and tractors understand all of it, and thats a good thing.

But if I bought a diesel, the fuel here is 35 cents more a gallon then gasoline, then in the colder climate here in North Eastern, Wisconsin you have other things to deal with.

I know the local Auto Zone sells additives by the pallet loads for the diesels, and you have the fuel gelling, block heaters, glow plugs and then after they get a bunch of hours on them they tend to smell kind of bad.

Diesels are a good thing if you know what additives and whatever else you need to do to get them to start and run good, but the Kawasaki twin in these X728's has more power then you need for the tractor, and you just hit the switch and those fuel injected Kawasakis fire up immediately and run beautifull.

Get the X728 and don't even look back, they are trouble free with more power then you will ever need.

Oh you can see the power on my tilling video's, I dropped that 647 tiller down to maulboards in virgin sod and it doesn't even grunt or lurch or even know the tiller is on it.

These X728's have a floor differential lock for the rear differential, I have never pushed that button down tilling or snowblowing because it has full time four wheel drive, no chains, just point it in the direction and it goes.

To say I love this tractor is an understatement, they are a very fine machine.

Check it out on my website below.

Rob

/ John deere x728 or x748 #18  
Heres a picture of my X728.

08tractor.jpg

Rob

/ John deere x728 or x748 #20