Jumping Ship

/ Jumping Ship
Every dealer enjoys having good tractors on their lot!

I scrape snow bare from my driveway everytime it snows and I've done a lot of backgrading with a bucket, I just can't remember needing brakes to steer????

I guess that is why dump cylinders get bent! Got to love you guys!!!

I want more than just for bucket work, I live on a hill, ok a mountain, and when I go to go around most of the corners, my front tires are in the air and I just keep going straight.

Everything here is slanted to a certain degree in WV and when pushing or back dragging, the tractor takes the path of least resistance. I don't like have to pull up or back up and start again.

Those are only a couple of reasons, I like the fact that I can get the mower deck off without getting my hands dirty or a hernia from pulling that MMM out from under the tractor or having to attach the FEL to get the mower deck off. I also like the fact that I have a few more inches of ground clearance.

I liked my Kubota, don't get me wrong, but I also almost broke that little plastic fan underneath the tractor, fortunately, I only caught the edge of it with a very limp stick. It made more noise than anything.

Plus some of the work that I have been involved in lately is getting to the point where I needed a stronger tractor that was a little faster. Department of Highways has been bringing me some fill here lately and some of the rock I have ran into my little BX could move.

I will miss the orange, but I will not miss the little things that drove me crazy on it.

/ Jumping Ship #22  
Only as used trade-ins...they always park 'em in the back of the lot...but not too close to the dumpster...wouldn't want the trash guy to make a mistake, ya know!!
Hehehehehehehehheheheheheheehe!!!!

I always assumed the Deere dealers just didn't want the customers to think the new tractors were picked from the vine too soon. :laughing:

/ Jumping Ship #23  
Nothing runs like a deer-------------------- that is until I put the crosshairs of my 7mm on it!:laughing::laughing::laughing:
DevilDog

/ Jumping Ship #24  
Hey you buy wha you like, after all It's your money and you want to spend it now. But If your tractors are hydro why do you need to use the brakes other then parking?
DevilDog

Some of us live on less than flat land. There are only five or six places in my yard where I don't need to use the brake or FEL to keep my BX from rolling.

Congratz on the new machine. If you like Kubota sell a variant of JD green paint. I think they market it as Bright Orange II 7000-73713. It comes in spray cans and brush on containers.

~Kevin

/ Jumping Ship #29  
I want more than just for bucket work, I live on a hill, ok a mountain, and when I go to go around most of the corners, my front tires are in the air and I just keep going straight.

Everything here is slanted to a certain degree in WV and when pushing or back dragging, the tractor takes the path of least resistance. I don't like have to pull up or back up and start again.

Those are only a couple of reasons, I like the fact that I can get the mower deck off without getting my hands dirty or a hernia from pulling that MMM out from under the tractor or having to attach the FEL to get the mower deck off. I also like the fact that I have a few more inches of ground clearance.

I liked my Kubota, don't get me wrong, but I also almost broke that little plastic fan underneath the tractor, fortunately, I only caught the edge of it with a very limp stick. It made more noise than anything.

Plus some of the work that I have been involved in lately is getting to the point where I needed a stronger tractor that was a little faster. Department of Highways has been bringing me some fill here lately and some of the rock I have ran into my little BX could move.

I will miss the orange, but I will not miss the little things that drove me crazy on it.

I live and work on hilly ground too, but probably not as bad as WV, I add weight to keep the front end on ground and able to steer on anything I use. I even added lead weights to the front of one of my ATV's. Any time the front wheels come off the ground on one of my tractors, it tells me I don't have it ballasted properly or I am exceeding the design parameters.

Yes, I have done it and probably will again, but certainly only occasionally and under unusual conditions. You have more nerve than I.

No criticism intended just an observation.

/ Jumping Ship
I live and work on hilly ground too, but probably not as bad as WV, I add weight to keep the front end on ground and able to steer on anything I use. I even added lead weights to the front of one of my ATV's. Any time the front wheels come off the ground on one of my tractors, it tells me I don't have it ballasted properly or I am exceeding the design parameters.

Yes, I have done it and probably will again, but certainly only occasionally and under unusual conditions. You have more nerve than I.

No criticism intended just an observation.

True, there could be more weight balance, but there are just a few spots I actually encounter this. I do have 90 lbs on the front, but usually the issue is that the front still isn't enough. It doesn't always come off the ground, but it does scoot the front.

Either way there are just times when the steering brakes would help. I absolutely have nothing against the Kubota, but the John Deere will be a lot easier to use when it comes to removing the attachments. Not to mention, without spending a fortune on making the BX do what the JD can do.

Also, I really can't complain about the price. I will have invested less money total to get the John Deere, I actually will make about $3000 once the trade is complete. So my Kubota has paid off in it's use and in the trade that I got for it. Gotta love that!:D