Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,671  
Just went through dads bought new in 1994 54cc poulan. Rode hard and put up wet from farm land use over the years.

I cleaned it and shelved it awhile back.

Last I went through it was in 2014 for him. Intake boot, lines, af, av's and bufflers.

Topend bare bore chromed piston still like new.

Still had my favorite plug in it. Bosch German made.

This time around all new lines with echo oem 3x5 and 3x6.

p3300ddddddddddddddd.jpg
p3300ddddddd.jpg
p3300dddddddddd.jpg
p3300dddddddddddd.jpg
p3300dddddd.jpg
p3300ddd.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,672  
I was never very good at shapening chain. I was using the dremil bit method and would get maybe four re-sharpenings then buy a new chain at $20. Tried all kinds of things I saw on the web to do it better. After our recent ice storm, I'm at it everyday now. And I was getting rather frustrated with the saw always going dull. Open to anything, I found this Youtube. I never would ever have believed that doing a sharpening by hand like this would be efficient. But I bought some hand files and gave it a try and followed this guy's suggestions. WOW! What a difference. I can get 10 or 12 sharpenings now out of one chain and the little 30 CC Wild Thing is cutting like a knife through butter. Nothing to sell here on my part... its just the best instructional guide I've found that really works. He even explains how the rakes work on a chain, which I've never seen else where.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,673  
^^^^ Have you considered taking a safety course? They will go into this and more.

Side note; it drives me nuts when people apply pressure in their back stroke the way he seems to do.
It comes from doing right of ways when we all used the same file.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,676  
I prefer grinding my loops actually. I have 2 chain grinders, one for the cutters and one for the rakers. Only thing I don't do is square cut, that has to be hand filed.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,677  
I prefer grinding my loops actually. I have 2 chain grinders, one for the cutters and one for the rakers. Only thing I don't do is square cut, that has to be hand filed.
i ask the local shop and i was told guys who used chainsaws for living prefer having their chain hand filed it last longer as no heat is generated.

#1,678  
I had a hard time keeping the angle consistent espicially on my weak side so I bought this thing, it has the line for the angle to guide you and you can't screw the depth ether.
View attachment 859899
I show folks that cant get it those too. Keeps height right on file and angles right there to see.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,679  
1711976177976.png

I've become a fan of these. The knock offs are cheap and work well IMHO. You can change files as need or just have a spare.

#1,680  
These where very good saw, my dad has one too I like it, I find it has very high RPM.
No higher then any other saw to me. 13.5K stock

50mm with short 34mm stroke dont make them a torque saw for sure. But will out cut the 272 52mm stock for stock.
But wont touch the 36mm 372 IMHO.