Attachments

• free.PNG
    free.PNG
    198.9 KB · Views: 72
  • free 2.PNG
    free 2.PNG
    224.5 KB · Views: 75
   / Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #132  
I just looked at a listing by our local Kioti dealer for comparison. A new CK2620 cab (just tractor no loader) is $38,295.
Compare that to a new Kubota LX2610 cab at $39,694

So there within lies another problem. Dealers with cheaper tractors just matching their prices with the others.
This was my experience when tractor shopping which ran opposite of this forums opinions on alternative tractor pricing. The difference in price between JD/Kubota vs the other brands simply wasn’t that much which lead to my two Kubota purchases.

Mike

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #133  
I just looked at a listing by our local Kioti dealer for comparison. A new CK2620 cab (just tractor no loader) is $38,295.
Compare that to a new Kubota LX2610 cab at $39,694

So there within lies another problem. CLUELESS Dealers with cheaper tractors just BUMPING their prices HIGHER with the others.
FIFY

I now understand HOW Kubota gets away w/price increases.

Last edited:
   / Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #134  
The difference between my TYM 48hp fully loaded tractor compared to the comparable Kubota was probably $15k... Or a 50% premium.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #135  
The difference between my TYM 48hp fully loaded tractor compared to the comparable Kubota was probably $15k... Or a 50% premium.
Truth! When you add in the standard features on my TYM, the difference is even higher. One thing that surprised me when looking at Kubota, is even their ,'Grand' series is stripped down compared to the competition.

If Kioti is bumping up prices, they are not going to help themselves. People will start to either bite the bullet on a higher priced, lower featured Kubota, or, they will gravitate to better value options like LS or TYM. As the economy worsens, more buyers are looking for value. This is why you see the big boys offering deals that were not happening a year or two ago.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #136  
CUT buyers are drying up fast, just look at inventory and how long stuff has been sitting.

Glad I'm not a dealer, they are in for a wild ride.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #137  
Truth! When you add in the standard features on my TYM, the difference is even higher. One thing that surprised me when looking at Kubota, is even their ,'Grand' series is stripped down compared to the competition.

If Kioti is bumping up prices, they are not going to help themselves. People will start to either bite the bullet on a higher priced, lower featured Kubota, or, they will gravitate to better value options like LS or TYM. As the economy worsens, more buyers are looking for value. This is why you see the big boys offering deals that were not happening a year or two ago.
I looked at Kioti seriously... But they were still a premium over TYM and didn't offer a mechanical injected engine option. Also, the NX was the model that was most comparable, and they had a known issue with the fancy hydrostat they put in those units that I didn't want to deal with.
Kioti is less and less a value brand.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #138  
This was my experience when tractor shopping which ran opposite of this forums opinions on alternative tractor pricing. The difference in price between JD/Kubota vs the other brands simply wasn’t that much which lead to my two Kubota purchases.

Mike
Thats about what I found, too. After spending a year looking, driving, comparing prices & features what I learned was that different makes were closer than I thought. The name brands were higher, but less so when everything was figured in. What surprised me was how much prices varied between dealers selling the same tractor - sometimes that was almost as much as between different makes.

I'll buy an average tool for occasional use, but if it is something that I end up using a lot, then the next time I'll buy on quality rather than price. That's just a personal choice. I hate to thrown things away and would rather fix them. My buddy always buys the cheaper ones and replaces as needed. It probably comes out about the same.

It doesn't surprise me when people buying their first tractor buy on price. I know I did.
But I've also noticed that as tractor users gain more experience and go out to buy their next tractor they tend toward the known name bands and higher end machines.
rScotty

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #139  
^^^^^
Many times agreed.

On my first tractor purchase (when I bought the B2601), my decision was heavily influenced by my neighbor who bought his Kubota new, 30 years ago and it has been trouble free since he bought it. He says it’s the best thing he’s ever purchased. If it wasn’t for his experience, and the owner of the company I was working for at the time (who owns 7 tractors of various brands and sizes), I would have bought a Massey Ferguson. I really liked the Massey. However, I have zero regrets with the Kubota and it shows since Kubota won again when I purchased the L2501.

Mike

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #140  
^^^^^
Many times agreed.

On my first tractor purchase (when I bought the B2601), my decision was heavily influenced by my neighbor who bought his Kubota new, 30 years ago and it has been trouble free since he bought it. He says it’s the best thing he’s ever purchased. If it wasn’t for his experience, and the owner of the company I was working for at the time (who owns 7 tractors of various brands and sizes), I would have bought a Massey Ferguson. I really liked the Massey. However, I have zero regrets with the Kubota and it shows since Kubota won again when I purchased the L2501.

Mike
My Kubota purchase was heavily influenced by a couple of factors: local service and parts availability and a long term reputation for quality. I also have seen what my neighbor has gone through with his less common tractor brand. It has performed ok, but he has a very difficult time getting parts, including service parts such as filters. He has to order everything online, and some parts are unavailable or require a two month back order from overseas. Yes, I can order parts online for my Kubota, but I can also pick up most anything from my local dealer. And anything they don’t have in stock, they can get within a week.