Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #121  
You are 100% correct that there are too many brands on the market today. Back of the napkin says some of these new tractor companies are selling less than 1000\tractors a year in the US. The 2nd tier "successful" ones maybe 6000-8000. That's not enough to build a proper business on. Either some will go out of business, or we'll see more consolidation.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #122  
Kioti is established, TYM is the rising star. TYM now has their own engine, and dealer network just doubled with them buying Branson/Kukje. TYM just started building tractors for Yanmar, so some Mahindra, RK, Bad Boy, and Yanmar models will be rebadged TYMs.

The Kukje, now TYM diesel, was probably the #1 selling point when I bought my 4820. #2 was the number of features that other manufacturers only put on flagship models, being available as standard, for the cost of their basic model. And #3, the fact that the TYM dealer network doubled in size with the acquisition of Kukje. Couldn’t be happier with the tractor’s performance and the dealer.
Would have loved a Yanmar, but the dealers just don’t exist in these parts.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #123  
I finally saw a 2502 today after being involved in this thread. This is a small tractor. It did seem to have a pretty thick looking front axle. Incidentally, there was a used rk cab tractor with loader and backhoe at this kubota dealer. It was way away from everything else and looked rough, so I assume it wasnt running.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #124  
For me, there is nothing that would convince me to purchase a TYM, or any other korean tractor. The sales volume directly relates to product support down the road and these companies just aren't there yet.

There is no free financing, even with Kubota. You pay a penalty up front for the 0% financing. Although, I'm sure that marketing plan is appealing to some buyers. I paid cash for my tractor and was given the cash discount.
There was a very small $500 cash discount when I bought my MX6000 in 2021. I took the 0% for 6 years. It’s baked in the price, but since the cash discount was only $500, the $36k I paid will generate a lot more than $500 when invested over 6 years.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #125  
I finally saw a 2502 today after being involved in this thread. This is a small tractor. It did seem to have a pretty thick looking front axle. Incidentally, there was a used rk cab tractor with loader and backhoe at this kubota dealer. It was way away from everything else and looked rough, so I assume it wasnt running.

The L2502 is a really nice tractor; it's just painful and a bit absurd that it's now a $30k machine, when a few years ago an MX could be had for not much more.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #126  
I got a quote for a lx2610 cab with front snowblower, loaded tires, bolt on edge, and a radio for just under $46,000. John deere 2025r cab with snowblower, loaded tires tad over $41000. End up buying a kioti cx2510 cab with snowblower, loaded tires, bolt on edge and radio for $35900. Kubota and Deere prices were outrageous.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #127  
I looked at everything <=25hp, from manufacturer, marketshare, dealer, parts, resale, safety, implements, you name it. Any Deere was the first off the list, too many reasons. Kubota was a close 2nd given cost (deluxe versions were my first WANT, that disappeared quick!).

Once sticker shock subsided no matter what I looked at, I realized I just NEED a CUT that was heavy duty as it could be (given my hp requirements). Came down to 2 choices, 2501 or ck2610. The Kioti was feature rich (not deluxe) and more gamble (parts, dealer, not my idea of a great design, etc). I was ok with that, although cost and interest was still holding me back. I couldn't imagine Kubota could compete.

A new 2501hst with a few hours was the winner. Not a perfect machine, plenty have been sold and highly respected. It managed to fit the budget BETTER, a major consideration all along for "just another tool". All boxes were checked and one COULD twist a couple knobs, end up with much more machine - without fear of breaking it.

I hope to never NEED support, only parts. So far that's been the case w/jeeps, harelys, hondas, list goes on (sounds like I make $1M/yr and married a model :ROFLMAO:

No idea how folks can afford this kind of stuff, must have a money tree or something.

Last edited:
   / Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #128  
If you put the $25k saved by buying the TYM 4820 into an investment that made 7% per year, in 10 years you'd have $50k and a TYM... But the way kubota prices are going up, in 10 years, $50k might get you a kubota lawn tractor ;) So I guess you better buy your Kubota tractor now if you want one!
That's how it is now in Canada with Kubota. I won't buy now just because I personally would feel absolutely stupid for having $47,000 invested in a little B series with only a loader and a mower. Or $90,000 for a Grand L.

I priced the front snow blower for my RTV-X1100C. Just the blower and mount was $24,000!!! But I guess they still have lots of stupid people willing to pay it?

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #129  
I just looked at a listing by our local Kioti dealer for comparison. A new CK2620 cab (just tractor no loader) is $38,295.
Compare that to a new Kubota LX2610 cab at $39,694

So there within lies another problem. Dealers with cheaper tractors just matching their prices with the others.

/ Just found out people are paying $30K for L2502 #130  
No idea how folks can afford this kind of stuff, must have a money tree or something.
I think many here trade up by taking advantage of the relatively high trade in value of their old tractor.

I've purchased 7 new tractors this way over the years and never paid more than half the sticker price on the new machine. In some cases, it was closer to a third.

Unfortunately, this doesn't help the first time buyer.