Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #21  
The regen cycle probably burns more fuel than the net carbon savings from the particulate filter. More inefficiency injected into simple systems.
Yea it's a bit ridiculous. Mine has been stuck on regen the past few dozen hours and I can see a huge increase in fuel consumption.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?
Thank you so much, that was very informative.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #23  
If the lights aren’t off after two hours, they aren’t going off. Regen doesn’t take that long.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #24  
I think you are correct that they changed the emission system. I haven't stumbled upon any other tractors that performed regens every 4 hours.
The only good thing seems to be that our system is so basic that it's fool proof. Until that 1 fuel filter gets clogged 🤬

Some of these systems are something else...

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #25  
The 1734/39e series use a Shibura engine, the rest of the tractor is Iseki. When I bought it, the dealer told me that Iseki hadn't yet sorted out their tier 4 engines for cuts yet. I think most of their more recent offerings don't use Shibura engines.
I have been very happy with my 1734e and hadn't had any issues with the DPF (knock on wood). I do find that the frequent regeneration is a bit irritating, it doesn't seem to affect the performance at all, but it always seems to go into regeneration when I'm getting ready to put it away.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?
I got lucky I think, the lights finally turned themselves off. I've used the tractor almost 10 hours, I've had it at higher rpm the whole time hoping it would work and today while doing loader work it finally turned the lights off.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #27  
I got lucky I think, the lights finally turned themselves off. I've used the tractor almost 10 hours, I've had it at higher rpm the whole time hoping it would work and today while doing loader work it finally turned the lights off.

That's awesome! Now you still want to keep the RPM's up though, it's good for the DPF system.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #30  
There are 2 fuel filters on the tractor. 1 is a small inline filter under the tractor. BE SURE TO REPLACE THAT FILTER yearly. The engine uses a burner and injector to regenerate. After regeneration the system relies on fuel to cool down the burner and injector. If you shut the engine off during regeneration fuel will still be pumping thru the burner system for a few minutes to cool the system down. If that little filter gets plugged it will literally cook the burner and injector and they will need to be replaced. I see you are in KS - Shuck Implement up by Manhattan are great to deal with.

• Good Post
Reactions: bgr