Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #31  
Sheesh! I didn't realize that any tractors went into regen for 30 minutes every 4 hours. We've really gone overboard with these emission systems. The regen cycle probably burns more fuel than the net carbon savings from the particulate filter. More inefficiency injected into simple systems.
Yup.
Like today’s dishwashers that have to run 2 hours, instead of 30 minutes like previous generations, to pass government mandates to “save “ 2 gallons of water

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?
So basically around 20 hours later the lights came on again, took maybe an hour or more for them to go off again.

Is this something that is going to happen that frequently? Very annoying.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #35  
Yep. And pray it keeps happening… because when it stops working, so does your tractor

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #36  
So basically around 20 hours later the lights came on again, took maybe an hour or more for them to go off again.

I have the same model and it does this regeneration about every 4-5 hours
I let it run ( outside)at 2-2500 rpms until it’s done. Takes About 30 minutes Sort of a pain in the backside but we can’t change it

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #37  
   / Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #38  

You should be able to see by counting the number of bars indicated how clogged up your exhaust is. My 1736 goes off between 40 and 60 hours pretty religiously. What it can do though is not go off on time until it triggers an alarm. That alarm won’t shut off, no matter what you do. When mine does that I have to put it in that DEF mode manually. It’s only done a couple of times but it’s a pain when it has. Mine has something to do with the emergency brake. You have to get your revs up, put the magic button on and hold it there until it takes hold on its own. When mine gets really snot up it will begin to smell like the tractors overheating. Of course it’s the DEF doing its thing and that’s what it’s supposed to do. If you do get your filter overly plugged wind up in that situation With alarm or won’t clear try the manual parked clean out don’t stop until it completely cleared the filter and you’ll see on the dash indicator.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #39  
Hello
Top symbol is tractor in regen
Bottom is motor/DPF is hotter for regen process

Regen starts when soot is 60% or greater and you get the bottom symbol it tells you the DPF is supper heating once that temp is reached you get the top or regen symbol It runs until soot is vaporized and kicked out exhaust Regen must run until completion Do not shut down until complete There is no DEF in this type tier IV motor

Once complete regen, the top symbol goes out bottom stays on till motor is cooled to normal operational temp Regen is complete with top regen symbol goes out

Now, it should not take very long mine runs 30 min it’s older and my cycle is 4 hrs, ie every 4 hrs it goes into regen Newer models have a 27-40 hr cycle Regen for most machines is 30-42 min most

If the light stays on excessively , it could be fuel had a high water content Drain, replace all fuel filters and use new fuel I use Hotshot from Walmart to keep fuel in good order Works great lasts a long time that’s the easy one

If it isn’t that, then the DPF, big chamber on motor prior to exhaust is so filled with soot the regen can’t clean This would require the DPF pulled and cleaned or replaced Expensive Or burners aren’t doing the job also expensive replace
Regen and DEF are two different things Your machine should have either DEF or Regen Never add DEF to fuel DEF is seperate tank

Regen uses extreme heat to clean exhaust soot so that carbon is not sent into the atmosphere

DEF is a solution of Urea and purified water mixed to prevent carbon to be released
They are completely different systems
Hope this helps
I own a 2015 LS XR 4046 however a regen is a regen
Should be able to google your machine and find manual in a PDF file