Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #1  

casolorz

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1860
I just bought a 1739E at a auction. What are these two symbols? Also can I get the manual somewhere?

1705968619877.png

I think one might be DEF? but what is the other?

Thanks.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #2  
High soot load in DPF, and the tractor is in regen. What’s the tractor run like?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols?
High soot load in DPF, and the tractor is in regen. What’s the tractor run like?
Seems to run fine but I just got it today. I did have it on for a couple of hours but didn't really use it to do any work.

Should I just take it for a service appointment?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #4  
This may be worth a read

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #5  
Seems to run fine but I just got it today. I did have it on for a couple of hours but didn't really use it to do any work.

Should I just take it for a service appointment?
If it won’t finish a regen, it may have the issues listed in that link above. Seems not uncommon

Thank you, I'm taking a look at the link. I had the DEF light on since I first turned it on, the other one came on way later, could it be because of the lack of DEF?

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #7  
It doesn't use DEF. The other symbol with the thermometer shows it should be in Regen. That is a high RPM and high temp burn to clean the DPF filter. If it isn't burning it clean, there is an issue with the DPF that needs to be addressed

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #8  
I'm wondering if it's not at auction because there is a DPF or ECM issue and the previous owner wasn't going to mess with it.

Hmmm, been reading some threads, I did have the tractor idling at the lowest rpm for a long time. I wonder if that could have caused it, apparently it needs a certain level of temperature to burn off the stuff.

/ Just got a 1739E, what are these two symbols? #10  
Hmmm, been reading some threads, I did have the tractor idling at the lowest rpm for a long time. I wonder if that could have caused it, apparently it needs a certain level of temperature to burn off the stuff.
Oh my, with a tractor that has a DPF system you don't want to idle anymore that you have to as that is when the most soot is created.

I'm sure a manual would add some clarity in its proper operation for you.

My 1736 has a soot meter (bars) that you can view in the menu. When it reaches 5 bars it starts a regen cycle which takes about 10 min or less to burn off the soot. I average about 40-50 hours between regens and I don't let it idle much using mostly at 2,000+ rpm's.

If I understand correctly for my 1736 if it doesn't complete a regen because you shut it off you can do that one more time, after that it goes into limp mode (restricted rpm's) and computer with the appropriate software is required to force a regen and allow normal operation.